Would You Give Me Some Advice?, Starting Bakery Business

Business By Anahenna Updated 23 Jun 2019 , 7:19pm by -K8memphis

Anahenna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Anahenna Posted 22 Jun 2019 , 11:02pm
post #1 of 5

Hi, I'm Anahenna, I'm new to this website, and I'm a 24 years old mother of 2. I've always been attracted to cooking and baking. I became a staying at home mom after having my last baby, she is already 1 year and 3 months old, and all this time at home gave me back my hobbies like cooking and baking.

After thinking a lot and a few baking experiences I realized that this is something I might like to do for a living, I'm quite good at time management and a quick learner.

Recently I've been thinking about star a business of Cupcakes at first, and then move to cakes.

What would be your advice for starting? , What things should I buy and invest in?

These are photos of the 2 latest projects I made this was the 2nd time making cupcakes and the 1st time making a cake, both for my kid's bdays. Gotta say people at the party loved em and for being a beginner with no culinary education said it was great.

Please tell me if you think I get what I need to get into this business. Obviously, I would get some lessons to learn about fondant and other techniques.

Would You Give Me Some Advice?, Starting Bakery BusinessWould You Give Me Some Advice?, Starting Bakery BusinessWould You Give Me Some Advice?, Starting Bakery BusinessWould You Give Me Some Advice?, Starting Bakery Business

4 replies
thecanadian160 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecanadian160 Posted 22 Jun 2019 , 11:25pm
post #2 of 5

Those cupcakes are very cute!!! I would definitely work on and develop your cakes but I see A LOT of promise there. A great deal of mastering the fundamentals of cake makin' is a good tutorial (you tube university) and repetition- 'Rome wasn't built in a day' kinda stuff.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 23 Jun 2019 , 12:16am
post #3 of 5

With little ones you will find it difficult to really have a busy business   My suggestion is to continue practicing—find any excuse to make a cake   Offer when ever you hear someone mention an event to take place   Invest in styrofoam dummies if you can’t afford to be donating   Each dummy can be decorated with 2 different styles , pictures taken then scrape it off and start over   To a point even icing can be reused if you’re careful with removing it:)   With those pix you will have a nice portfolio when you do have a real order   —  take them sparingly —  Don’t think you can do it all   Be sure to put your family 1st  

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 23 Jun 2019 , 12:21am
post #4 of 5

Oh BTW   Sorry I don’t have good mannor s  WELCOME:)        new people cannot reply to any post for about 30 days so when you want to say something start a new post referring to this one 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 23 Jun 2019 , 7:19pm
post #5 of 5

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%