Best Way To Write A Long Message On A Cake

Decorating By cakepiece27 Updated 20 Jun 2019 , 12:45am by jmt1714

cakepiece27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakepiece27 Posted 18 Jun 2019 , 3:42pm
post #1 of 7

It's been awhile since I have done a cake so my piping skills are a little out of practice.

I have a customer who is asking for an 11x15 sheet cake done up in an Irish theme in buttercream which is no problem. What i  am concerned about is the length of their message for the cake as it's very long and unsure how to tackle this as it's 18 words. It's more of a quote than a message. I don't want the quote to become the focal and take away from the design. Any suggestions or pics would be much appreciated. 

6 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 18 Jun 2019 , 4:30pm
post #2 of 7

My1st though was to print it out on wafer paper or sugar sheet but then you said you don’t want it to be prominent soooo ..... not sure what to say   

louglou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louglou Posted 18 Jun 2019 , 7:03pm
post #3 of 7

You could print it in a small font and apply it to a fondant scroll/plaque. Then place the plaque against the side of the cake.

louglou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louglou Posted 18 Jun 2019 , 7:03pm
post #4 of 7

You could print it in a small font and apply it to a fondant scroll/plaque. Then place the plaque against the side of the cake.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 18 Jun 2019 , 7:23pm
post #5 of 7

Good idea louglou.  Use an edible marker/pen.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 18 Jun 2019 , 11:13pm
post #6 of 7

I thought the same, kakeladi and louglou, print it on sugar sheets or wafer paper.  It could even be on the cake board, surrounding the cake.

jmt1714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmt1714 Posted 20 Jun 2019 , 12:45am
post #7 of 7

Make it a central part of the design. I’d make a gunlaste plaque and print it in a beautiful font on wafer paper. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%