Has Anyone Taken A Wilton Class? What To Expect?

Decorating By SignificantSwimmer Updated 18 Jun 2019 , 1:01am by kakeladi

SignificantSwimmer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SignificantSwimmer Posted 18 Jun 2019 , 12:33am
post #1 of 2

Hi, I am going to be taking a Jo Anne's Fabric cake decorating class next month. I will also be taking a Wilton Class in August. My question, The class I am taking at Jo Anne's is Buttercream basics. Is this enough to take and then take Buttercream 201 at the Wilton Center. Or should I start with Buttercream 101 at Wiltons? I will also be back later this year to do fondant 101 but I am wondering what the 101 classes actually consist of because if I can go straight into the harder classes I would like to do that. So has anyone taken a Wilton class? What are they like? Are they worth the money? Thank you!

1 reply
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 18 Jun 2019 , 1:01am
post #2 of 2

I think the class at joann’s is exactly the same as what you will get at Wilton’s   Going there in my opinion is not worth the money   Why go out of town, having to pay that extra expense when it is available right at home?   The only possible difference would be going to Wilton makes sure you get a good teacher   There are many local people who are not   Also at Wilton it’s a fast moving day followed by the next fast moving day etc  whereas at Joanna you get a week in between to practice what was taught that day    Hope my comments help you decide /)  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%