Partial Wrong Flavor Cake

Business By emalliett Updated 10 Jun 2019 , 2:03am by SandraSmiley

emalliett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emalliett Posted 9 Jun 2019 , 3:46pm
post #1 of 5

Opinions needed! I had a 2 tier baby shower cake this past weekend, the cake was ordered about a month ago, the original flavors requested were 1 tier strawberry, 1 tier marble, she then changed her mind, too 1 tier strawberry, 1 tier vanilla, then changed her mind again to all strawberry, so I never changed my notes in my calendar, and made half strawberry half vanilla, she messaged me later that day saying wrong flavor, she wanted all strawberry, I apologized, said I forgot to update my notes, and said I would make her a strawberry cake no charge, whenever she wanted one. She said she fells like she should receive a partial refund. What do you guys think is a suitable refund? The cake was $140 dollar themed cake.

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 Jun 2019 , 4:22pm
post #2 of 5

$15 firm! and no additional cake — if she balks and wants more then make her a half dozen cupcakes —

a 2-tier cake for one forty is already quite generous

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 Jun 2019 , 4:25pm
post #3 of 5

because you can say if you need to “that’s more than 10%” — which is plenty at this price — if you can start lower than that and cap it at $15 — go for it — don’t let her hold you hostage for more

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Jun 2019 , 9:41pm
post #4 of 5

With her many changes it is no wonder you didn't make it to her satisifaction :(  I agree w/K8 that just a small $$ refund would be proper but then no cake!

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 10 Jun 2019 , 2:03am
post #5 of 5

Ditto what my cake heroes said!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%