Mud Cakes

Baking By webberblessings Updated 6 Jun 2019 , 5:12pm by -K8memphis

webberblessings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
webberblessings Posted 5 Jun 2019 , 9:24pm
post #1 of 7

I recently learned about mud cakes. I haven't baked one yet but wanting to try. I have heard of a Mississippi mud cake but wondering if anyone knows if there is a difference between a Mississippi mud cake and an Australian mud cake? Thank you 

6 replies
webberblessings Posted 5 Jun 2019 , 9:35pm
post #2 of 7

Also I came across on the women's weekly a recipe for American mud cake as well as the Mississippi mud cake. I know there must be.a difference between all three. What's the  difference in the American mud cake and the Australian mud cake?  Thank you 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 6 Jun 2019 , 1:32am
post #3 of 7

i’ve actually asked this before and I still don’t know — hope you/we find out — I wonder if a Texas sheet cake is also a cousin to the mud cakes — idk

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 6 Jun 2019 , 5:56am
post #4 of 7

I don't know either, as I've only made Applegum Pams' mud cake - Australian!!  and it's the bomb.  try this recipe.

https://www.cakecentral.com/recipe/14688/pams-chocolate-mudcake

-K8memphis Posted 6 Jun 2019 , 12:05pm
post #5 of 7

oh I love the cross continent converter! what happens is see grams and I run — because i’ve tried to convert this and no es bueno  — but I see the clear distinction between liquid and dry — perfect! then the gram converter — perfect! except the converter won’t come up on my phone but that’s ok too because I have to avoid sugar like the plague — 

but anyhow — ver ver ver good stuff here! multiplied thank youd to apple gum pam and sweet mb green_heart

webberblessings Posted 6 Jun 2019 , 12:45pm
post #6 of 7
-K8memphis Posted 6 Jun 2019 , 5:12pm
post #7 of 7

thank you — interesting reading — but aussies have vanilla ones too — maybe like pound cake? and they seem to bake them in thick as in tall layers — but I never got the impression they were bundt cakes — then I know some bakers use the parchment collars in regular cake pans to bake them up tall — idk — since I can’t eat them anymore I’m out of the loop although still curious —

i think the different confections, continents and conversions will not allow same results— not to mention different ingredients — similar probably but...idk 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%