Fridge Temperature Records

Business By Mummag Updated 29 May 2019 , 8:52pm by -K8memphis

Mummag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mummag Posted 29 May 2019 , 6:40am
post #1 of 5

Hi all! I'm starting off a cupcake business and wondered if anyone can help, do I have to take fridge temperatures every day or just on the days I'm baking? 

Thanks in advance x

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 29 May 2019 , 1:15pm
post #2 of 5

I never had to do that ever in either state I had a bakery   You’re going to have to ask your Health Dept or whoever as the rules vary from one to the other not just state to state but even county/city to city 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 29 May 2019 , 3:57pm
post #3 of 5

bump

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 29 May 2019 , 8:50pm
post #4 of 5

some places do things like that to record proper procedures at that moment when using recipes with hazardous ingredients — like idk — maybe cooking poached eggs or something where the temp of the water and length of time in the water is critical — or poaching chicken — so it’s used as insurance to refresh the chef’s mind to be cautious and to document that it was properly observed/done — because in some cases it is required by the health dept — like remember all the messes chipotle the restaurant got into, one after the other a few years ago — internally i’m sure they do this now and it was probably required by the powers that be, including the health dept —

but like kakeladi I never did that, nor do I know of anyone doing it wherever i worked — in the bakeries I worked at — 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 29 May 2019 , 8:52pm
post #5 of 5

but of course if it’s required in your area — check w/them

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%