Delphinium Tutorial And Cutters

Decorating By GailPeterson Updated 29 May 2019 , 5:37pm by SandraSmiley

GailPeterson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GailPeterson Posted 28 May 2019 , 8:45am
post #1 of 4

I have been asked to make some flower paste Light Blue Delphiniums for a wedding cake. Are there any tutorials as I have searched in vain. And where can I get cutters. Thx. 

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 28 May 2019 , 12:13pm
post #2 of 4

Since you have searched you know there are several different varieties but the majority are stalkis with many many very small  bell like flowers   They’re easily made by hand   If you have a very small fluttered edge round cutter use that then shape it into a bell   Lacking a cutter just form small balls into a bell shape w/uneven edges, sticking a dozen or so onto a “stick “ of sugar paste

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 28 May 2019 , 6:05pm
post #3 of 4

If you make them w/o a cutter - the 'ball' method mentioned above -  hollow out the ball of gumpaste with a small ball tool and pull down maybe 6 'points' on the edge to represent petals.  Don't make the hollow too deep, most are rather flat with a slight dip/hollow in the center.  Then add a tiny piped star in yellow. 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 29 May 2019 , 5:37pm
post #4 of 4

Alan Dunn has a class on Bluprint on making a foxglove, which is very similar in construction to a delphinium.  You can access the classes by joining Bluprint by the month, six months or year, or you can purchase the class outright (to own forever).  Alan Dunn is a master and the class is fabulous.  It does include other flowers, as well.

https://shop.mybluprint.com/account/class-library

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%