Storing Wedding Cake And Cupcakes

Decorating By Annie3969 Updated 26 May 2019 , 4:20pm by -K8memphis

Annie3969 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annie3969 Posted 26 May 2019 , 2:26pm
post #1 of 3

Hi

I am making a lemon sponge cake with mascarpone cheese and cream frosting that will then be covered in sugar paste icing. I will be assembling the day before the wedding. Would I need to store in the refrigerator or would it be ok stored in its box? Also making cupcakes with buttercream frosting,  will these ok stored overnight in their box?

Many Thanks Anne

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 May 2019 , 2:38pm
post #2 of 3

Cream cheese frosting needs to be refrigerated   The cupcakes are fine boxed & left at room temp — unless cr ch is used in the buttercream icing 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 26 May 2019 , 4:20pm
post #3 of 3

i’ve never used it myself but i’ve heard that whipped cream icing does not work under fondant even with the marscapone — so check that out if you need to —

and yes that icing will break down fast if it’s not whipped properly —

and it can only be out of the fridge for a few hours cumulatively— if it’s out of temp, out of the fridge for two hours total while you  purchase it and get it home, mix it, frost the cake and decorate it — then there’s about two hours left on the clock — which leaves precious little time for it to be the focal point at the reception, be served and eaten — 

no, it doesn’t turn green or taste bad or anything but the bacteria accelerates to a level that can sicken the very young, very old, and those already with an illness — so it needs to be kept refrigerated all the time — 

best to you

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%