Any Tips/ideas On Assembling This Cupcake Bouquet?

Decorating By dailey Updated 19 May 2019 , 2:55pm by johnson6ofus

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 19 May 2019 , 3:11am
post #1 of 3

I have made cupcake bouquets before but I am curious how others assemble them? I usually used half of a styrofoam ball but I was wondering if there was a a better way that I am not aware of.  I attached a link to a pic I saw on the web, it’s much larger than the ones I make and I wouldn’t be able to go my usual route since the styrofoam would be too small. Any suggestions or if you’ve made one before I would love to hear how you assembled! Thanks!

https://images.app.goo.gl/A7oqwcuNMSthB5BMA

2 replies
ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 19 May 2019 , 3:39am
post #2 of 3

This bouquet is everywhere lol you can use small plastic cups and staple them together before placing the cupcakes in the cup. For added height, you can stuff some of the paper in the bottom of your container, but not stuffed so high that they'll fall out.

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 19 May 2019 , 2:55pm
post #3 of 3

You can use the cups...just test them to your cupcake size/ recipe and check that it works.

You can use foam pool noodles (cheap!) cut to size in the container. And toothpicks to poke the foam and hold cupcakes. 

I also use wooden meat skewers. and a 1.5" by 1.5" square of cardboard or foam core board (leftovers). Poke the square through the skewer and slide it down about 2". Dab hot glue under that so it won't slide further. Now cut the skewer down to any height you want (stick side, not glued square side). Insert  (square end up) where you want in your arrangement and now pop on the cupcake on top of the square. I have extra height and extra stability when inserting in my arrangement! Yes, the low ones can go directly on a toothpick into the foam. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%