Loking For Less Expensive Cake Stands Or Displaying Cakes

Lounge By Naty Updated 13 May 2019 , 1:04pm by Naty

Naty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naty Posted 12 May 2019 , 11:04am
post #1 of 8

Hello. Anyone know where i can get reasonably priced cake stands that are not an arm-and-a-leg and are sturdy? I need 3  for tall 8, 10, and 12 inch cakes. Everywhere i have looked for 3 are over $80!!!!

Im ok with paying up to $40. I saw some from Wilton that had different heights for about $37 but had mixed reviews as far as the plastic plates cracking because of the weight of the cakes. Which mine will be heavy.

I dont have a business to sell so my cakes and my cakes are for family that i dont charge. I dont see myself spending $80+ for stands that i will only use once. Its for a baby shower for 80 guests.

I thought of making one? But im not crafty.

3 large cakes are my only option unless if i do 1/2 cupcakes and smaller cakes but still then i would need a cupcake stand?

Im trying to cut costs as im paying for it all, ingredients, time, etc.

Any other options for cakes, or cupcake and cake combinations i can do that will not be too costly as far as presentation? I just dont want to lay the cakes and/or cupcakes on a table.

Thanks for any guidance.

7 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 12 May 2019 , 1:45pm
post #2 of 8

You say you’re not crafty but can you glue some things together?   Plates and glasses or candle holders from the $ store make great cake stands    Use a good quality glue   

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 12 May 2019 , 7:45pm
post #3 of 8

place the 12” cake on the table and elevate the other two — to put the 12” cake on a stand is just gonna cost big bucks — you’ll need at least 14” probably a 16” plate/plateau for best results — you can text them too —

but an 8x10x12 will feed way more than 80 guests — and you’re doing tall tiers? how tall?

if you did a regular seven inch cake and an 8” tall, ten inch cake — that’s plenty of cake for 90 servings

-K8memphis Posted 12 May 2019 , 7:51pm
post #4 of 8

wait — not text them — you can rent plateaus and stands — try your local rental place — 

-K8memphis Posted 12 May 2019 , 7:55pm
post #5 of 8

also you can lay a pretty tablecloth or some pretty cloth, lace whatever over three stacks of books or over upturned pots or cake pans — the cloth of course covers it up and you can scrunch the cloth around and just fold under any raw edges — set the cakes on top — can be very very pretty —

kakeladi Posted 13 May 2019 , 1:29am
post #6 of 8

As K8 points out how tall?   If you make them 6” tall you can put each 3” layer on a cake board, stacking 2 then for serving you double the # of servings getting 20 to 30 servings out of a 6”x6” cake:)   2of those

kakeladi Posted 13 May 2019 , 1:33am
post #7 of 8

Sorry hit send before I finished   2 6”x6” rounds then  2 dozen  cupcakes should give you the 80 servings you want  or maybe make an 8”x4” round instead of the cupcakes 

Naty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naty Posted 13 May 2019 , 1:04pm
post #8 of 8

Wow....you ladies are great! Thank you so much for the replies!!!!

Maybe im not doing my serving calculations right

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%