12X18 Sheet Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

Baking By bbsmom Updated 10 May 2019 , 2:34am by bbsmom

bbsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbsmom Posted 10 May 2019 , 1:31am
post #1 of 5

My first try at baking a cookie "sheet" cake was epic fail- lowered the temp but after 50 min, it still didn't cook through (basically used a double recipe). Anyone have suggestions as to try to get a cooked product using this size pan? If this doesn't work, has anyone ever cooked 1 in a 12" tart pan? Is the recipe doubled for either of these pans?Thoughts, comments, suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!! TIA

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 10 May 2019 , 2:18am
post #2 of 5

Am I understanding correctly that you are baking a cookie in that size pan?   I don’t remember making any that exact size but have made many rounds & hearts over 12”   I cannot figure why it didn’t bake in that amount of time   What temp did you use?  Do you have an oven thermometer in there  & are you sure the oven is working right?   It’s been years since I’ve made any but as I remember it should take no more than 30-45 minuets  

bbsmom Posted 10 May 2019 , 2:24am
post #3 of 5

Yes, that's what I was trying to do! I do keep a thermometer in the oven and baked (per recipe 15-18 min @ 350), then added another 25 min @ 325. I laid a piece of foil over top just to attempt to keep the top from getting to brown.  I've made 9 x 13 pans but grandson wanted BIG cookie this time ;-)

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 10 May 2019 , 2:26am
post #4 of 5

How thick is the batter?  Should be no more than about 1/2”   Pat it out w/your hand to within a 1/2” of the edge of the pan— it should spread to the edges as it bakes   That size might be hard to handle —to turn out of the pan;  consider making 2 smaller ones & butting them together on 1 board  

bbsmom Posted 10 May 2019 , 2:34am
post #5 of 5

That's probaly was my issue- it wasn't as thick as the sheet pan but, I did spread all the way to the edges. I'll give a another try in the morning. I did line pan with parchment, so although not cooked all the way, it came out of pan nicely.  Truly appreciate your advice, and if round 2 doesn't work, he'll get 2 butted together!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%