Cake Stackers System

Decorating By candycakes51 Updated 9 May 2019 , 6:49pm by MerMadeBakedGoods

candycakes51 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candycakes51 Posted 9 May 2019 , 12:04am
post #1 of 6

I finally treated myself to the Cake Stackers support system after years of yearning for it.  I used it yesterday for the first time and was really happy with it except for one thing.  I used buttercream icing for my cake and when I removed the plate supporting the top layer from the layer below it all the icing and even a part of the cake lifted off with the plate.  Is there a magic way to prevent this from happening?  I use buttercream more often than fondant.

5 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 9 May 2019 , 12:23am
post #2 of 6

I don't use any cake stacking system, but have had the icing pull away when unstacking tiers.  I solved the problem by putting a circle of waxed paper underneath the cake board supporting the tier above.  You could try the same, put a circle of wax paper underneath the support plate.

candycakes51 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candycakes51 Posted 9 May 2019 , 2:14am
post #3 of 6

I was wondering if that might work.  Thanks for the suggestion.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 May 2019 , 2:29am
post #4 of 6

There are other ways   Cover the top of the tier w/dry cake or graham cracker crumbs.  Some people have used powdered sugar 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 9 May 2019 , 2:50am
post #5 of 6

kakeladi, I am going to try to remember the crumbs idea. The wax paper works well and keep the damage to a minimum, but there is still sometimes a bit of damage.  Next time, I will add crumbs, then the wax paper.  Bet that will be perfect!

MerMadeBakedGoods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 9 May 2019 , 6:49pm
post #6 of 6

More baking gems from the masters...thanks ladies!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%