I Need Some On How To Do Birthday Cake Toppers Similar To This

Decorating By Amateur10122 Updated 2 May 2019 , 7:09pm by -K8memphis

Amateur10122 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amateur10122 Posted 2 May 2019 , 3:41pm
post #1 of 3

Hi

I am amateur baker and looking to decorate cupcakes for a birthday. Can anyone please advise me how to fondant toppers like this and how to do the small writing on the topper. I can’t find any tutorials online, really struggling here. 

Any help much appreciated, thanks in advanced x I Need Some On How To Do Birthday Cake Toppers Similar To ThisI Need Some On How To Do Birthday Cake Toppers Similar To ThisI Need Some On How To Do Birthday Cake Toppers Similar To This

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 2 May 2019 , 7:01pm
post #2 of 3

In the 1st pic the toppers are simply cut outs w/cookie cutters.    The flowers, butterflies, bows look to have been made in a mold.  Pipe a rosette w/b'cream 1st then just lay the fondant on it.  The writting is just a press........there are dzns of them available in all kinds of fonts.                                         For the cupcakes w/30 onthem  much the same.  Looks like some of them have had the fondant added to look like a mushroom, then the numbers that are from a press/cutter added.    The rest of the pix are too small to make out any other information - but probably done the same basic way - molds & presses. 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 2 May 2019 , 7:09pm
post #3 of 3

warm welcome —

you just knead some fondant about 50 strokes to warm/wake it up — roll it out, cut it — you can add some cornstarch to the fondant as you do the fifty to help it harden crisply for you — some people use tylose  powder but it’s not necessary for such a simple design — cornstarch is cheaper — say, like a tablespoon or two for a dozen toppers —

the lettering is pressed into soft fondant* — then those toppers are left to dry — the scallops are from a cookie cutter — and the little dots within each scallop is again just pressed in there with a tool that looks like a pencil without lead in it, a pointy stick —

*so the lettering could be written in with that same stick but some of it is so precise it might be done with some kind of lettering thing 

if you are new here — you might have to start a new thread in order to post again — new folks are usually blocked from reposting on a thread for a while

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%