Weird Browning

Baking By Cbenaske Updated 12 Apr 2019 , 1:30pm by kakeladi

Cbenaske Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cbenaske Posted 11 Apr 2019 , 11:33pm
post #1 of 5

Can someone tell me what is going on? I’ve been baking for years and have used this particular recipe for 2 years. I just made some last night and it didn’t do this. Weird BrowningWeird Browning

4 replies
Cbenaske Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cbenaske Posted 11 Apr 2019 , 11:36pm
post #2 of 5

And broil isn’t on. I’ve never experienced browning like this. 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Apr 2019 , 11:56pm
post #3 of 5

idk -- do you usually bake two racks in the oven like that -- just looks like the bubble on top caught the most heat -- I was never able to get the best bake for cakes in my home oven filling two racks -- I always had one rack in the middle -- but other than oven placement I really don't know -- it does look odd -- how does it usually brown  -- does it stay all white or does it get all evenly browned?

thecanadian160 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecanadian160 Posted 12 Apr 2019 , 1:02pm
post #4 of 5

Lots of ovens these days alternate between the upper and lower element. From the looks of the picture I would think it could be this? 

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 12 Apr 2019 , 1:30pm
post #5 of 5

As I remember I’ve Had that happen often and didn’t think anything about it   The finished cake was fine   I’d say those look a bit under done — I’d would have left them to bake just a bit longer but I’m not there  to smell them   I can tell when a cake is done when that heavenly smell is emitted:)   

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%