Defy Gravity?

Decorating By craftycakes0627 Updated 6 days ago by Freckles0829

craftycakes0627 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftycakes0627 Posted 10 Apr 2019 , 4:19pm
post #1 of 10

HELP! i am making this (see link below) cake but cannot get my RKT "fusel lodge" pieces to stick underneath.   i am using candy melts but the RKTs must be too soft because they are literally falling apart (being weighed down).  I am attaching the pieces to the underside of the board.  This part will not be eaten.  So i do have some flexibility.  any ideas?  The belly is important to the look!!ATAT

thx!

9 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 10 Apr 2019 , 6:02pm
post #2 of 10

Sorry no pic came through.  Try again?

Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 10 Apr 2019 , 6:43pm
post #3 of 10

I would probably use styrofoam since it is much lighter and since this part doesn't need to be edible.

craftycakes0627 Posted 10 Apr 2019 , 9:56pm
post #4 of 10

OMG that is genius! thank you!

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 11 Apr 2019 , 1:49am
post #5 of 10

You can also wrap you RKT's tightly in plastic wrap, squeeze it together tightly in the approximate shape you need and refrigerate it overnight.  When you take it out of the fridge, cover it with a strong ganache or melted chocolate to hold it firmly.

SandraSmiley Posted 11 Apr 2019 , 1:51am
post #6 of 10

That is, if you want it to be edible.  I very often use styrofoam for parts of sculptures or carved cakes.  It is wonderful because it is strong and light weight.

craftycakes0627 Posted 1 week ago
post #7 of 10

I wound up using styrofoam and it worked beautifully!  Below is my finished rendition.  It is NOT a replica by any means and in many places I had to take artistic liberty in ordere to "dress it up".  I love Star Wars and I LOVE cake so this was a win-win cake for me!

I am beyond happy with this cake and the customer was estatic!  her son thought it was a toy on the table when he came home from school! 

I could not have completed this project without the detailed instructions of Sweet Dreams and Sugar Highs!  http://sweetdreamsandsugarhighs.com/2015/03/23/in-a-galaxy-far-far-away-a-star-wars-at-at-cake-was-born/ 

Her work made mine so much easier!  Defy Gravity?

SandraSmiley Posted 1 week ago
post #8 of 10

Fantastic job!

thecanadian160 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecanadian160 Posted 1 week ago
post #9 of 10

WOW!!!!!

Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 6 days ago
post #10 of 10

Amazing!!!