Let’S Talk Marble Cakes!

Baking By KitchenSix Updated 11 Apr 2019 , 5:30am by kakeladi

KitchenSix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenSix Posted 10 Apr 2019 , 3:28pm
post #1 of 5

When converting a cake to marble, do you prefer using yellow or vanilla?  I see most are yellow, but I was considering using vanilla.

Thoughts? Experiences? Personal preference?

4 replies
ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 10 Apr 2019 , 5:14pm
post #2 of 5

I use vanilla, but have done yellow twice. It is my preference for vanilla just because when I marble with, say, red velvet, or strawberry, I like the contrast as opposed to yellow. I don't even think anyone ever notices lol

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 10 Apr 2019 , 6:00pm
post #3 of 5

I think that originally a 'choco marble' cake was yellow w/dabs of choco batter swirled through it.   If you want to make a vanilla/white cake go for it :)  There really is no right or wrong.   You can make all kinds of 'marbled' cakes -- I've done strawberry, raspberry, and even butter pecan in white/vanilla batter. 

I remember one time yrs ago getting an order for a somewhat large cake because another decorator refused to make a yellow/choco marbled cake w/choco icing.  If I remember right she inisited 'NoONE makes a cake like that!" 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 11 Apr 2019 , 1:53am
post #4 of 5

Haha, that is funny kakeladi!  Why would anyone refuse to make something as simple as a marble cake with yellow cake and chocolate cake?!  Talk about finicky!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 11 Apr 2019 , 5:30am
post #5 of 5

It was the chocolate icing she was so upset about   I mean I’v made dozens of WASC white cakes w/Bavarian cream (Henry&henry sleveved) for one customer which I think is rather boring & could not convince her to try any other flavors but of course I would not refuse her order 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%