Donation Cake Walk Cake Description

Business By lexiferguson Updated 5 Apr 2019 , 9:56pm by johnson6ofus

lexiferguson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lexiferguson Posted 5 Apr 2019 , 4:30pm
post #1 of 6

Hello all! This is probably a stupid question, but I am donating a cake to a Boys and Girls Club banquet cake walk in May and I was asked to give a description of the cake that I am doing. They don't have an overall theme, so I was just planning on doing a little cake with kids interacting and put their logo on it as well. That being said, I have no idea what to put for a description. Just the flavor? Has anyone else ever done a donation cake for a cake walk/silent auction where they had to put a description with the cake? Anything helps.. Thanks!!

5 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 5 Apr 2019 , 5:34pm
post #2 of 6

I've never done one, but I would think they would want to know the flavors.  Example:  Vanilla-Almond cake filled with lemon curd, frosted with vanilla-almond buttercream, decorated with edible fondant figures.

lexiferguson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lexiferguson Posted 5 Apr 2019 , 6:23pm
post #3 of 6

That’s kind of what I was thinking too. I just wanted to make sure there wasn’t some sort of unspoken rule or something I was missing haha. Thank you!!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Apr 2019 , 6:59pm
post #4 of 6

I ditto what has been said :)

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 5 Apr 2019 , 7:02pm
post #5 of 6

That sounds like an awfully fancy cake for a cakewalk.  Last time I participated in a cakewalk (about 60 years ago, literally), the cakes were like a 9", one tier chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, white cake with with seven minute frosting, coconut cake, carrot cake...you get the picture.  Just simply frosted.

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 5 Apr 2019 , 9:56pm
post #6 of 6

I agree with the simple aspect. Your cake may "earn" the charity $10  or so. Hate to make a $50 cake for that. Better to donate two maybe. Ask the organizers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%