Sieve For Thick Icings

Baking By tigermomma Updated 30 Mar 2019 , 10:37pm by MerMadeBakedGoods

tigermomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tigermomma Posted 29 Mar 2019 , 11:29pm
post #1 of 6

Hi, 

I'm looking for a sieve that's a notch higher than your usual, run of the mill hand sieve for my thick fudge icing. I can't believe I can't find anything in the market! I saw a food mill the other day and got so excited (thinking that this was the solution to my icing woes) but then I realized that they don't have the fine mesh sieves for the mills since it's mostly used for potatoes.

Any ideas out there? I'm basically trying to find a sieve with muscle! I'm so tired of manually pushing my thick icing through the regular sieve. I hate making that icing but my customers love them!

Thank you!

5 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 30 Mar 2019 , 1:15am
post #2 of 6

I've never sieved icing in my life???  Why?

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 30 Mar 2019 , 1:23am
post #3 of 6

can you sieve the ingredients before you make the icing -- what is lumping up?? you can use a sifter with a handle on it too

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 30 Mar 2019 , 1:24am
post #4 of 6

Have you tried straining through a new knee hi stocking?   It works great for b’cream   Put a clean washed one on your hand like a glove fill your palm then turn it inside out as you remove it from your hand    Now push the icing down &it comes out soooo smooth   Works great for piping with extra small tips   

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 30 Mar 2019 , 10:59am
post #5 of 6

MerMadeBakedGoods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 30 Mar 2019 , 10:37pm
post #6 of 6

Spam bump!

Resourceful idea, Kakeladi!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%