Customer Complaints?

Business By Jennyboo Updated 25 Mar 2019 , 1:15am by kakeladi

Jennyboo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennyboo Posted 24 Mar 2019 , 8:26pm
post #1 of 4

I’ve seen a couple posts for this already, but most are for wedding cakes so I wanted to see how the opinions change for party cakes/cupcakes/cake pops Ext. as I don’t make contracts for those. 

This is something I’m not proud of. I made this cake & in the planning process I was going to print off a stencil to paint on the lettering. The original cake that she wanted was made from fondant but wanted buttercream & I decided to try painting on the details anyways. It didn’t go well at all since my printer had broken the morning of & I had no stencil, the buttercream hadn’t custed over night & the colouring just wasn’t going on smooth so I decided to cover it with frosting in the last 20 minutes before pick up. Not my best work & it killed me to give the lady this cake, I charged her less then we agreed apon & since her brother picked it up I’m not sure how mad she will be.

I haven’t heard anything yet, & I’m not sure if I will but I was just wondering how some of you would go about this? I was planning on giving her a refund + free dozen cupcakes since I know the cake wasn’t the greatest & no where close to what she wanted & I feel awful knowing that I sold that cake. 

The first picture is what she wanted, she did say I had wiggle room to change it how I liked. the second is the cake I made, modified with 22’s on the cupcakes since it was for a 22nd birthday. Customer Complaints?Customer Complaints?

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 24 Mar 2019 , 8:54pm
post #2 of 4

you're fine -- you already gave a discount -- she gave you wiggle room -- you wiggled -- no worries! seriously the cake is fine -- YOU didn't like it but it's fine -- she got what she ordered -- it's ok

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 25 Mar 2019 , 12:47am
post #3 of 4

...and it would have been a lot easier in fondant, which she didn't want.  It looks yummy!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 25 Mar 2019 , 1:15am
post #4 of 4

Hon we all have been there  we know how you feel   Now you know that you  need to work on your writing   Practice, practice practice! :)  get a lined paper & put some wax paper over it   The more you practice the better you ‘ll get   Then smooth icing on the paper to practice on After that ice a cake pan to practice on   Get close to the icing—almost touching it w/your tip   That’s all I can think of right now:)   Good luck  you’ll grow 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%