Cake Trends Of 2019

Decorating By KitchenSix Updated 21 Mar 2019 , 1:32pm by Laetia

KitchenSix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenSix Posted 19 Mar 2019 , 12:47am
post #1 of 6

So let’s talk cake trends!  What appears to be the most popular triends right now?  I actually don’t have a whole of business, so I’m not totally caught up!

Here’s what I’ve seen from my experiences:

Metallics and glitter, succulents and rustic buttercream cakes are still trendy here, tall cakes, and of course, I’ve still seen some mermaid and unicorn stuff floating around, but I feel like I’m pretty behind the trend, and want to add some trendy stuff to my portfolio!

5 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 19 Mar 2019 , 3:22am
post #2 of 6

I started to see a lot of striped buttercream cakes, done by using a comb (of sorts) and two or more colors of buttercream.  They are gorgeous and perfect to finish off with a drip.  As you said, more and more rustic buttercream techniques, which I love, and rough textured fondant, like a concrete look.  Lots and lots of wafer paper flowers and other cake embellishments.  Chocolate chards.

KitchenSix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenSix Posted 19 Mar 2019 , 5:27am
post #3 of 6

Oh, you guys are so right! I’ve seen a lot of ‘loaded’ and striped cakes with ganache drips!

Both are so pretty to look at!

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 20 Mar 2019 , 6:11pm
post #4 of 6

I see so many striped cakes these days on Instagram! Tempting! And is it my imagination or did suddenly Evil Cake Genius come out with 10,000 fabulous inventions? I don't even make buttercream ball cakes or flowerpot cakes but somehow I want those two combs!

The other thing I feel like I am seeing alot is cakes that have decorated cookies on top of the cake or on the sides of the cake. The cookies on top become a whole scene. That's currently fascinating to me! Plus its cake AND cookies - c'mon!!

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 20 Mar 2019 , 7:27pm
post #5 of 6

I agree, theresaf! I've seen a few of the cakes decorated with cookies and they are genius! Not only beautiful, but like you said, cake AND cookies!

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 21 Mar 2019 , 1:32pm
post #6 of 6

Omg @theresaf, you are so right. Evil cake genius have so much great product, I want them all! I only do cake for family, and mostly for kids. What the hekk would I do with all those combs and stencils? I dont know and I dont care, I want them all anyways!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%