Late Customers?

Business By tlhomebaker Updated 18 Mar 2019 , 10:47am by me_me1

tlhomebaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tlhomebaker Posted 16 Mar 2019 , 9:30pm
post #1 of 5

I am curious what to do about customers who are late picking up an order. I have a 15 minute grace period I would like to implement, but then what? My studio is behind my house, so if I leave my studio to go in to my house after they haven't showed up but then show up passed the 15 minutes what do I do? They could always come knock on my front door wanting their order, albeit disrespectful, some people are like that. Do I tell them , sorry, you missed the 15 minute grace period laid out and your order is no longer available?

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 Mar 2019 , 9:55pm
post #2 of 5

And if you do that what are you going to do  w/the items you now have on hand w/o compensation for them?  If they know enough to knock on your door I'd at least give them the product after telling them the next time they are late you will throw out the item(s).   Your time is a valuable as their.  There is always a chance their latness is not their fault - albeit not often.

cakefan92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefan92 Posted 17 Mar 2019 , 2:26am
post #3 of 5

I would let them know that the time YOU BOTH AGREE ON is firm.  Of course, life happens and sometimes being late can't be helped, but if they're an hour late with no communication, the price goes up.  How much is up to you.

I once used a daycare that charged $10 for every 15 minutes you were late to pick up the little darlings and after an hour, they would call the police and CPS for child abandonment.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 17 Mar 2019 , 2:45pm
post #4 of 5

give an hour grace time but don't tell them -- but you could send an extra text that says -- I will be leaving my house at blabla time so be sure to pick this up today -- but only if they have paid in full -- but you're gonna lose a customer too -- idk -- not easy when you work at home -- sorry

me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 18 Mar 2019 , 10:47am
post #5 of 5

I have people pay for their order in advance and just let them know I'll be leaving the cake studio at such and such a time to deliver a wedding cake (whether I am or not) so can they please be prompt or text me if they're going to be late. Haven't had anyone be more than a couple of minutes late (so far!).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%