Weird Looking Layers

Baking By Sugar_Bear89 Updated 6 days ago by Beverly Edwards

Sugar_Bear89 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Bear89 Posted 1 week ago
post #1 of 5

Whether I make cake from a box or homemade I'm having an issue with my cakes. It's like the bottom of the layer bubbles out and is really fat. And the top of the layer will be smaller. So when I cut my layers they're all different sizes. Why does this keep happening???? Help!!???!!??

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 1 week ago
post #2 of 5

idk -- are you mixing your ingredients well? 

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 week ago
post #3 of 5

You say this is happening w/box or scrtach?  Sounds like you might not be following directions in mixing &/or baking.  I can't think of a time that has ever happened to me..........oh wait:  once when after much thinking I figured out there was too much liquid in the recipe.  I prefer batter that is on the thick side.  I watch all those t.v. programs w/baking and sometimes the batter is a thin as milk :(  I'd rather have it like just mixed pudding - not *thick* but not thin either. 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 1 week ago
post #4 of 5

I don't recall ever having the experience myself.  Could it be that your oven temp is incorrect or the rack in the wrong position in the oven?

Beverly Edwards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beverly Edwards Posted 6 days ago
post #5 of 5

How long are you letting them cool in the pan?  I have had this happen or something similar when I cooled my cake too long in the pan before taking out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%