Help With Mannequin Head Cake Price

Decorating By Haneen89 Updated 11 Mar 2019 , 11:33pm by SandraSmiley

Haneen89 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Haneen89 Posted 11 Mar 2019 , 7:14pm
post #1 of 2

Hello, I'm so glad to be a member in this amazing online community. I'm a newbie cake designer who just graduated from baking school. A friend is asking me if I can do a birthday cake like this one in the photo. She preferred a white cake with buttercream filling and fondant covered with edible lace. The cake is two square tier (10" and 12", 4"-high). I'll use 5" and 7" cake dummies over the head and it will be covered with fondant as hair. She will buy the mannequin head and all the accessories for it so I don't have to include this in my cost.

This is my first customer's cake and I don't have a (per serving price) so I did my calculations and I have the cost of the ingredients and items I'll need it but I need to add a profit percentage and I don't have any idea how much it should be or if there are other things I have to consider while pricing my cake. If you can please help me with this and if you can also give me a hint of how much you will price this kind of cakes, I'll really appreciate that.

Thank you very much

Help With Mannequin Head Cake Price

1 reply
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 11 Mar 2019 , 11:33pm
post #2 of 2

This is the strangest cake request I've ever seen.  Since you have already calculated your costs, I guess the easiest thing for you to do is decide how much profit you want to make.  Since you are relatively new, I wouldn't expect you to be able to charge by the hour because you probably have not developed adequate speed.

You need to consider that a pile of styrofoam that tall with fondant on top will be very unstable and top heavy. You will definitely need some form of anchor.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%