Friday (Or Monday) Night Cake Club 03/08/19

Decorating By kstevens Updated 13 Mar 2019 , 7:31pm by -K8memphis

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 11 Mar 2019 , 1:56pm
post #1 of 14

My apologies that I failed to get something posted Friday night.  I think March Madness has hit my kitchen!!  I don't think I have ever been this busy with baking in the month of March before.  At any rate, I'll post the cake I did Friday night later on tonight once I am home from work.

I hope everyone had a great week last week and that springing forward wasn't too painful for you.  Me, I wish they would just get rid of the time change in the spring and fall.

13 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Mar 2019 , 2:34pm
post #2 of 14

me too!!

I don't have a cake picture but i'll tell you what I did -- -- this is so funny and stupid -- I always feel bad for my pets who eat every day at 6pm because with the time change they have to wait an extra hour to eat -- throws everything off huh -- so the week prior I started them 20 minutes later and then 40 minutes later so they would be better adjusted --yay kate!! BUT I went the wrong way on the clock -- so they had a two hour difference when the new time rolled around hahahahahaha duh hahahaha

kstevens Posted 11 Mar 2019 , 11:35pm
post #3 of 14

Friday (Or Monday) Night Cake Club 03/08/19

me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 13 Mar 2019 , 4:54am
post #4 of 14

Kate you made me snort coffee out my nose reading about your poor pets   :)

me_me1 Posted 13 Mar 2019 , 4:58am
post #5 of 14

No orders for me last week, just a few wedding tastings. I had one lovely couple who have their heart set on ice-cream cake in Dec (mid-summer here) - apparently I was the only cake maker who was willing to take on the job (am I missing something?!?). I told them the cake would have to stay in the freezer and only be brought out briefly for any 'cake cutting' pics they might want so they can't have anything on display (unless they go faux) but they are fine with all that. 

Ah well, not my cake. And at least now I know I can make freaking delicious ice-cream without a machine!   :)

On second thoughts, I think that might be a very very bad thing to know.....

me_me1 Posted 13 Mar 2019 , 4:59am
post #6 of 14

PS - kstevens I love the lettering on your car cake and tire tread looks awesome!   :)

LelekBolek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LelekBolek Posted 13 Mar 2019 , 10:48am
post #7 of 14

No orders this week either, one small coming up Saturday

Daylight savings: If Zombie Apocalypse is timed, and scheduled on the DLS, I will totally blow our defenses, and everyone will get eaten by zombies. Cuz no matter what, but twice a year, for all the mnmnty-mnmn years that I am old, I completely screw it up. Nothing helps. No riddle-reminders, or FB posts... So don't feel too bad LOL. 

Ice Cream Cakes: I don't do them, but have a small cautionary story, which is more of tale of general drop in competence and care/attention to details level in recent years. I attended a party, where the hosts ordered an ice cream cake. The cake was delivered to the venue the night before, and... put in the refrigerator. Not freezer, into refrigerator. So the party had a puddle for a cake, and had to rush one from a grocery store, just to have something... anything... they stuck the non-edible topper onto that, poor guys, after having to wash it off the cream and sugar mess. 

-K8memphis Posted 13 Mar 2019 , 12:42pm
post #8 of 14

me me -- hahahaha I tried stuck_out_tongue

kstevens Posted 13 Mar 2019 , 12:58pm
post #9 of 14

@me_me1 the lettering is done with the comic book font mold by Alphabet Moulds.

MerMadeBakedGoods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 13 Mar 2019 , 5:21pm
post #10 of 14

Ha! I’m still adjusting...not a good sign when your kindergartner and first grader wake YOU up and tell you it’s time for school :).

anyhoo- as I told some of you on another post here, I had my first person “forget their check” after i delivered the Superman cake below. And since the suprise party was in full swing once I was allowed back in, I felt bad taking it away...but I did daydream about picking  it up and smashing it :).

Friday (Or Monday) Night Cake Club 03/08/19Friday (Or Monday) Night Cake Club 03/08/19Friday (Or Monday) Night Cake Club 03/08/19Friday (Or Monday) Night Cake Club 03/08/19Friday (Or Monday) Night Cake Club 03/08/19Friday (Or Monday) Night Cake Club 03/08/19

-K8memphis Posted 13 Mar 2019 , 6:01pm
post #11 of 14

oh no! did you get paid yet??? not to mention be careful taking checks, gf -- those are great cakes too

and kelly yours of course is a great cake -- well done

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 13 Mar 2019 , 6:20pm
post #12 of 14

LelecBolek I had a similar experience at daughter's wedding shower.  They put the cake outon the kitchen table  'to come to room temp' and about 1/2 hr to 1 hr later it was a total puddle :) 

MerMadeBakedGoods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 13 Mar 2019 , 6:25pm
post #13 of 14

Hmmm...should I take credit cards? Has anyone used the app “Square”? I’m not exactly tech savvy but I totally see what you’re saying about checks being tricky.

-K8memphis Posted 13 Mar 2019 , 7:31pm
post #14 of 14

yeah and it's too bad but eventually someone will bite you that way with a check -- I know I have paid with square and I think I have used it to take payments at a different job -- I never had any problems with square -- you might also consider paypal although I think I've heard that one can bite too with a wonky client

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%