Stringing Sixlets

Baking By CeejSweets Updated 19 Feb 2019 , 3:35pm by thecanadian160

CeejSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CeejSweets Posted 17 Feb 2019 , 4:23pm
post #1 of 6

Hello, I’m wanting to make Sixlets candy into a “pearl necklace”. I’ve done this before by heating up a needle and then burn a hole through the center. This was very time consuming so I’m looking for a better solution.

Please help me with your creative suggestions! 

Thank you! 

5 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 18 Feb 2019 , 8:45pm
post #3 of 6

but this is a large size pearl -- there are smaller ones

CeejSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CeejSweets Posted 19 Feb 2019 , 2:36am
post #4 of 6

#K8memphis thank you but I was wanting to use string Sixlets and lay them on a cake like a necklace. 

I do have that mold so that could possibly be an option if I need something to fall back on. Thank you for your response! 

Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 19 Feb 2019 , 1:11pm
post #5 of 6

I don't really think there is any other way to string sixlets than how you have done it in the past.  You could always make the necklace out of rolled fondant balls because pushing a needle and thread through fondant would be easier, but then you would have to hand roll each ball so in the end I guess it comes down to which path is easier for you.

The only other thing I can think of is gluing the sixlets to the cake to mimic the look of laying a necklace over it but in reality the sixlets aren't on a string but individually glued down/together to make it look like they are on a string.  But if you are wanting the necklace to dangle than this wouldn't really be an option.

thecanadian160 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecanadian160 Posted 19 Feb 2019 , 3:35pm
post #6 of 6

You could try drilling them if you have access to a drill press- not sure if that is any faster then a heated needle though. I would just use fondant balls and brush/spray them with some pearl dust

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%