Gum Paste Cutter

Decorating By Kimng Updated 15 Feb 2019 , 12:48am by cutiger

Kimng Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimng Posted 12 Feb 2019 , 3:29pm
post #1 of 5

Hi all

im trying to find a gum paste cutter like these flower stems for a cake I’m doing for my daughter. Gum Paste CutterGum Paste Cutter

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 12 Feb 2019 , 9:47pm
post #2 of 5

Are you talking about the swirls on the side of the cake?  You can get some presses from Wilton that will give you an imprint in the icing that you pipe over but most of it looks to have been free handed


SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 13 Feb 2019 , 4:32am
post #3 of 5

Yes, I agree that they are piped.  I guess if you did not feel comfortable piping, you could roll out really think pieces of fondant and freeform them that way.

Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 13 Feb 2019 , 1:06pm
post #4 of 5

If you are talking about the side of the cake, they are most likely piped.

If you are talking about the flowers on top of the cake, to me they almost look like they are made from either piped chocolate or piped royal icing.  You could do the same by drawing out a template you like on a piece of wax paper, flip the wax paper over and then pipe melted chocolate or royal icing within the lines.

cutiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutiger Posted 15 Feb 2019 , 12:48am
post #5 of 5

There is a small flower cutter that would cut flowers like the ones standing up.  It is in the Wilton Beginner Kit.  I think you can buy that cutter and a larger one together but don't hold me to that.  You can also look for a fondant mold that Wilton also makes that has flowers that look similar.  Michael's and Hobby Lobby are where I would start looking.  Hope that helps...that cake is precious!

Quote by @%username% on %date%