Decorating By CalaMom Updated 25 Jan 2019 , 8:58pm by CalaMom

CalaMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CalaMom Posted 25 Jan 2019 , 4:25am
post #1 of 4
3 replies
CalaMom Posted 25 Jan 2019 , 10:08am
post #2 of 4

Ok so the first post didn’t work....let’s try this again.. I’m also getting ready for work so this will be much shorter than it was before.

took the cakes out of the freezer and let them thaw a bit while I got the kids ready for bed. Leveled and shaped them. Stirred the icing and started crumb coating my snake cake. My tail looked great before but now is just in ruins and “crumby”-along with half of the rest of the cake that I had to take more carmelized/brown parts,but even they’re still intact. 

Is there a better way to crumb coat cake like this(without a crust on the cake)? I’ve tried tips in bags bags w/o tips and just the spatula. Should I just nix the tail and make that out of RKT as well? Or is there a way to save it?

Any tips for now or in the future would be great! You guys are awesome!!! Thank you!!!

have a great day

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 25 Jan 2019 , 4:57pm
post #3 of 4

If you prefer the whole snake to be cake, try making the small tail portion out of a cake pop mixture.  Crumble some of your cake and mix in just enough buttercream to make it hold together, than shape it the way you want it.  Let it chill a little bit and it should be easy to crumb coat.

CalaMom Posted 25 Jan 2019 , 8:58pm
post #4 of 4

Idrc personally. Just Bc the head gonna have to be RKTa yway

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%