Help Please With Lorann Flavouring Oils/bakery Emulsions

Baking By MsRose Updated 20 Jan 2019 , 3:38pm by SandraSmiley

MsRose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsRose Posted 20 Jan 2019 , 5:36am
post #1 of 2

My son has asked me to bake their cake for their upcoming wedding in 8  weeks time.  This will be my first ever wedding cake, my first ever tiered cake. 

I do, however, would like to hear from all of you who have used LORANN baking emulsions and oils.  I just put some plain old vanilla essence in the trial cake but the kids want something other than vanilla.  They requested Caramel, Strawberry, and Lemon.

I have purchased the LORANN Bakery Emulsion in the Strawberry and Lemon and the Caramel flavor is LORANN oils.

My cakes will be 8inch, 10inch, and 12inch.  I am using Fat Daddio baking tins, 2inch high.  Now, HOW much of these flavourings do I need to add to my batter to ensure you actually taste the flavouring and it is not all bland?  I would hate my cake to look beautiful and people to tell me afterwards that they could not taste much of flavouring.

Rose

1 reply
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 20 Jan 2019 , 3:38pm
post #2 of 2

I use LORANN emulsions at the same rate as liquid vanilla, measure for measure.  Recently I saw a fabulous tip for testing flavorings.  Make your batter and flavor it until it tastes right to you, then take a small amount of the batter (a tablespoon) and put it in the microwave for a few seconds to cook.  This allows you to taste the cake before you bake the batter and if more flavoring is required, add it before baking.  Don't forget that you can add your flavorings to your frosting / filling as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%