Friday Night Cake Club For 12/21/18

Decorating By kstevens Updated 28 Dec 2018 , 3:52pm by GIGGLEBOX2014

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 22 Dec 2018 , 12:06am
post #1 of 14

Opening up another session of FNCC!  Everyone is welcome to share what they have been up to this week, post photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if you are able to.

I am up to my eyeballs baking for a massive order of sweet trays.  I hope everyone has had a great week and wishing everyone a Very Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!!

I'll catch up with you all in the new year and I'll be going cost out until the 29th.

Kelly 

13 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 22 Dec 2018 , 4:40am
post #2 of 14

I made a birthday cake for my best friend this week.  We met our first day of college, at age 18,Friday Night Cake Club For 12/21/18 where we were both Fine Arts Majors. Who would have guessed that sometime in the not-so-distant future, I'd be making her 70th birthday cake.  It is Elderflower-Lemon cake filled with lemon curd, frosted with white chocolate Swiss meringue buttercream, decorated with gum paste flowers.

louglou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louglou Posted 22 Dec 2018 , 9:17am
post #3 of 14

I made 2 cakes this week which was really too much for me. 

The first is a tench fish. It lemon cake with lemon buttercream and curd. I’m so thrilled with how it turned out. I really enjoyed cake carving, creating texture and painting. 

The second was less enjoyable to make. The fondant just refused to play nice. It’s a Harry Potter unicorn cake. 

Friday Night Cake Club For 12/21/18Friday Night Cake Club For 12/21/18

LelekBolek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LelekBolek Posted 22 Dec 2018 , 1:32pm
post #4 of 14

Kelly, I want to see the massive trays of sweets! I am sure they will me magnificent. I wish I could help out, but I am also here very sporadically. 

Love the cakes! 

Sandra - oh, if only we knew a tiny bit of the future, when we were 18!! 

I made a topper for a 9" or bigger cake. Pirates of The Caribbean theme. The cake will be done a little later, in January, but since I will be out with kids out of school, I made this in advance. 

Friday Night Cake Club For 12/21/18Friday Night Cake Club For 12/21/18

susie1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susie1 Posted 22 Dec 2018 , 2:52pm
post #5 of 14

SandraSmiley, I love your cake.  The roses are so delicate and the cake so rustic.  I love the way you combined the two.

Louglou, your fish looks so real that I would worry that the cake would have a fishy taste.  I'm sure it tastes great.  Love your Harry Potter unicorn.  I'm sure Ellie was thrilled.  

LelekBolek, I love your Pirates of The Caribbean's cake topper.  So many details!

SandraSmiley Posted 22 Dec 2018 , 3:30pm
post #6 of 14

Thank you so much for your sweet words, Susie1 and LelekBolek, you are absolutely right about the future. I consider myself very fortunate to be able to look back that far into the past.

Louglou, both of your cakes are fabulous!  Your fish is almost too realistic and I wouldn't cut it for sure!  Your fondant may have been hateful, but your Harry Potter unicorn is wonderful and your struggles are not evident.

LelekBolek, your topper is perfect!  Wow, you achieved a lot of detail and it will make a great keepsake!

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 22 Dec 2018 , 5:12pm
post #7 of 14

Good morning all and Merry Christmas.  I hope all of you are able to now sit back and relax with your loved ones.   Its been really crazy this month for me. I only have had one Christmas order and that was for my great grand children's school party.  But thene also made 4 batches of my eggnog sugar cookies. 

Fabulous work everyone.  Amazing attention to detail.  I love it.  SandraSmiley, louglou, LelekBolek.  Great job!!

Only going to post these.  Don't remember if I posted the llama cake last week or not.  Sorry if I did.

SandraSmiley Posted 22 Dec 2018 , 6:35pm
post #8 of 14

auntginn, your little Santa's are so cute and I would kill for a half dozen of those cookies!  The llama cake is one of the cutest things I've seen this season, fantastic!

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 22 Dec 2018 , 6:46pm
post #9 of 14

Thank you SandraSmiley

GIGGLEBOX2014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GIGGLEBOX2014 Posted 23 Dec 2018 , 2:55pm
post #10 of 14

GIGGLEBOX2014 Posted 23 Dec 2018 , 2:57pm
post #11 of 14

This was my only cake this week. But it was a fun one!

I love everyone’s cakes this week! My daughter would love that Harry Potter unicorn cake!!

SandraSmiley Posted 23 Dec 2018 , 3:06pm
post #12 of 14

It is adorable, GIGGLEBOX2014!  Your drips are perfect!

LelekBolek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LelekBolek Posted 24 Dec 2018 , 11:38am
post #13 of 14

The Santas are adorable!!! And the hatchimals. How old is your daughter, GIGGLEBOX?  I did a shopkins cake last time for mine (turned 6)

GIGGLEBOX2014 Posted 28 Dec 2018 , 3:52pm
post #14 of 14

@LelekBolek I have two daughters (7&10). They both have birthdays coming up so I am already in the process of design crunching. Lol. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%