What Would You Charge For A Cake Like This!?

Business By Courtneyscreations2011 Updated 21 Dec 2018 , 2:13am by KitchenSix

Courtneyscreations2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Courtneyscreations2011 Posted 19 Dec 2018 , 12:51am
post #1 of 5

Hey everyone! I have no idea where to start for a price on this cake. They need about 40 servings. And it will be homemade German chocolate cake with the German chocolate filling. Where I am from cake prices are pretty pricey for the most part. They also need this cake the 29th of this month! Can anyone give me a ballpark idea of what you would charge!What Would You Charge For A Cake Like This!?

4 replies
LelekBolek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LelekBolek Posted 19 Dec 2018 , 11:34am
post #2 of 5

Oh dear. There are SO MANY factors to go in the cake pricing. For starters, you need to do a formula for your particular skill/area/ingredients prices + overhead, per number of servings (I charge per serving), and stick to it.

The cake as pictured seems to be about 60 servings, more or less. Homemade from scratch, 2 tiers, 2D sculpting, premium ingredients... etc, etc, - no less than $250 in my area. About $160 (or more) for guitar-only, depending on size.

Don't cheapen out. If your formula shows you a number - than that is the number. Cutting it means you will be paying for your own work. 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 19 Dec 2018 , 5:08pm
post #3 of 5

yeah I was gonna say $320 -- eight bucks a pop -- maybe $7 so $280 to $320 -- oh wait I just saw the cake underneath -- this is gonna be so tiny -- wow umm $140 for a 20 serving guitar at $7 a serving then $5 a serving for the other 20 servings would be $240 --

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 Dec 2018 , 7:15pm
post #4 of 5

As the others said there are S O O O O many factors that enter into pricing it is almost impossible to suggest something for YOUR area.  Just don't underprice because you think that price is too high.   I've been retired for sometime now so the figures suggested already actually shocked me :)  Recently I had someone ask if I'd make a 'beautiful cake' that would be donated to some special auction.  She nearly passed out when I quoted 'about $75" for an 8x4 round.  As you can guess she didn't order :( 

KitchenSix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenSix Posted 21 Dec 2018 , 2:13am
post #5 of 5

I would probably go for about $5-6/serving, so between $200-240, for 40 servings, and that’s assuming I could make exactly 40, it may be more or less servings depending on what cake size would be needed.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%