Flavoring Chocolate Candy Centers

Sugar Work By shdvl Updated 14 Dec 2018 , 9:06pm by kakeladi

shdvl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shdvl Posted 14 Dec 2018 , 1:30am
post #1 of 5

I am in a pinch. My "local" cake stores are a hour away by car. I can't find loranns flavorings close except cinnamon and mint. I want to make cream filled chocolates for Christmas gifts. Can I flavor buttercream centers with other styles of flavorings? The ones I prefer are Watkins products. Help the handmade goodies are suppose to save money not make me spend more in gas.

4 replies
cakefan92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefan92 Posted 14 Dec 2018 , 4:27pm
post #2 of 5

Luckily, you can flavor buttercream with anything.  I have used instant coffee, liquor (like Kahlua), pudding or even jello powder.  Any kind of flavoring will work - go nuts!

shdvl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shdvl Posted 14 Dec 2018 , 4:57pm
post #3 of 5

How much jello or pudding do you add to the recipe?

Quote by @cakefan92 on 28 minutes ago

Luckily, you can flavor buttercream with anything.  I have used instant coffee, liquor (like Kahlua), pudding or even jello powder.  Any kind of flavoring will work - go nuts!

cakefan92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefan92 Posted 14 Dec 2018 , 8:11pm
post #4 of 5

I would start with a couple of teaspoons of powder, taste it and go from there.  Keep in mind that it can affect the color too, if that's a consideration.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 14 Dec 2018 , 9:06pm
post #5 of 5

Also KoolAid powder works well.   Just stir it in well  As to how much of course it depends on how much icing you are flavoring - I just did it to taste.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%