Buttercream Decorating Suggestions

Baking By Noramac Updated 29 Nov 2018 , 7:05pm by kakeladi

Noramac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Noramac Posted 29 Nov 2018 , 12:23am
post #1 of 7

I’m stumped trying to figure out decorations for a set of 150 cupcakes I’m doing for a holiday party. 

The group has a large Jewish contingent so I do not want anything too Christmas-y. 

The client requested a dyed buttercream similar to the fall cupcakes I did in the photo below but I’m concerned they won’t be appropriate for the occasion. 

Does anyone have any winter festive decoration ideas? I prefer a simple swirl since this is half of the 300 total order. 

Thanks in advance! 

Oh and the flavor for this set is birthday cake (ala funfetti) and classic buttercream 

6 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 29 Nov 2018 , 3:54am
post #2 of 7

Why not do the swirl in red, white and green, which represents the winter season?  You could also make fondant holly leaves and berries fairly quickly and put them on cupcakes frosted with white bc.

AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 29 Nov 2018 , 11:14am
post #3 of 7

Swirls with Blue and White are also appropriate for the season as well as for Hanukkah (if I spelled it wrong, please forgive me)... 

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 29 Nov 2018 , 1:28pm
post #4 of 7

I think the blue and white swirls are a good idea to portray "winter" and "holiday"...especially if you add snowflakes of some kind.

If you are putting little cutouts on each, I think there is a little snowflake plunger cutter that you could bang out of white modeling chocolate fast. 

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dgarden&field-keywords=snowflake+plunger+cutter

[postimage id="9784" thumb="900"]

Or little snowflakes piped from white chocolate. 

[postimage id="9785" thumb="900"]

There are also sprinkles shaped like little snowflakes that you could mix with white crystal sugar. 

https://www.amazon.com/Wilton-Industries-Sprinkles-Pearlized-Snowflakes/dp/B015NC6314

[postimage id="9786" thumb="900"]

PattyT Posted 29 Nov 2018 , 3:20pm
post #5 of 7

Sorry...I'm messing up trying to add pictures.  I'll try and get one that shows the piped snowflakes.

PattyT Posted 29 Nov 2018 , 3:22pm
post #6 of 7

That's better!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 29 Nov 2018 , 7:05pm
post #7 of 7

I agree w/the light blue/white swirl w/maybe a snowflake - if you have the cutters or time to get them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%