Make Your Own Stamens

Sugar Work By CakeMBsurprise Updated 8 Jun 2019 , 6:11pm by CakeMBsurprise

CakeMBsurprise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMBsurprise Posted 26 Nov 2018 , 7:36pm
post #1 of 16

I have played around with making my own stamens using thread, fabric stiffener and acrylic paint, but I would love to know how other artist put together their own stamens, and what do you find is the most versatile material?    

15 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 26 Nov 2018 , 11:08pm
post #2 of 16

I've used a bunch of things, depending upon the type flowers, but one thing I use a lot is cornmeal or polenta, if you are in another country.

CakeMBsurprise Posted 27 Nov 2018 , 3:28pm
post #3 of 16

Do you use royal icing to stick the cornmeal to the stamens? I was also thinking of wax? 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 27 Nov 2018 , 7:55pm
post #4 of 16

I use glue made with Tylose and water.  

CakeMBsurprise Posted 8 Jun 2019 , 3:21pm
post #5 of 16

Oh ok, thats really interesting. I am going to give this a try. I opted for acrylic paint on starch finished thread, but the acrylic is expensive, especially if i want to buy different colours. So sorry for such a delay in replying, Ive just found my log in!

CakeMBsurprise Posted 8 Jun 2019 , 3:21pm
post #6 of 16

Oh ok, thats really interesting. I am going to give this a try. I opted for acrylic paint on starch finished thread, but the acrylic is expensive, especially if i want to buy different colours. So sorry for such a delay in replying, Ive just found my log in!

CakeMBsurprise Posted 8 Jun 2019 , 3:22pm
post #7 of 16

post #8 of 16

post #9 of 16

post #10 of 16

post #11 of 16

post #12 of 16

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Jun 2019 , 5:48pm
post #13 of 16

Acrylic paints are available in small bottles at WalMart for just 50 cents. 

CakeMBsurprise Posted 8 Jun 2019 , 6:11pm
post #14 of 16

I am in the UK, so no WalMart here unfortunately . 

post #15 of 16

post #16 of 16

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%