How To Recreate...this Cake

Decorating By sweetdreamzz Updated 23 Mar 2019 , 1:13am by sweetdreamzz

sweetdreamzz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetdreamzz Posted 17 Nov 2018 , 12:54pm
post #1 of 10

How woukd you go about creating the lines in side of fondant on this cake. Also any tips or pointers  on making the crown ? What would you personally charge for  for something like this ? Thankyou in advance !

9 replies
cutiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutiger Posted 17 Nov 2018 , 1:10pm
post #2 of 10

Your picture didn't show up.

sweetdreamzz Posted 17 Nov 2018 , 2:42pm
post #3 of 10

How To Recreate...this Cake

sweetdreamzz Posted 17 Nov 2018 , 3:09pm
post #4 of 10

Thankyou, how about now?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 17 Nov 2018 , 8:34pm
post #5 of 10

Yes, the pic is there now.  There are several other posts regarding this design...have you tired looking through them?   One way is to make many, many thin 'log' of fondant and line them up around the cake.  Another way would be to  place kabab sticks down and place a long sheet of fondant over them to give you the 'bumps' and after it has set a bit, remove the sticks and wrap that fondant around the cake.

kakeladi Posted 17 Nov 2018 , 8:50pm
post #6 of 10

Refere to this other post:  https://www.cakecentral.com/forum/t/846713/vertical-stripes-on-side-of-cake   - especially these comments:  ........Unfortunately customers cannot always have things the way they want them.  This look requires fondant...and it's not easy to get perfect...but buttercream would be a nightmare.  I try to encourage bakers never to attempt something they're uncomfortable doing just to make a sale.  Simply explain this option requires fondant...either accept this or choose a different design.  If not, you might need to decline the order..............this is what i would try first -- i would use two dowel the same size as the stripe I wanted -- roll roll roll roll 20,000 fondant sausages inside the two dowel so they all come out exactly the same -- line them up on something that was inflexible -- straightening each one with a ruler so it's laying perfectly straight -- I would cut the bottom ends so they were more even -- chill them in the fridge for a bit -- apply each one to the cake lining up the cut ends on the bottom edge of the cake .........

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 18 Nov 2018 , 12:21am
post #7 of 10

I believe this is fondant and the lines on the bottom tier is made with a texture roller.  You could also achieve the same pattern by rolling a piece of threaded rod (from the hardware store) over the fondant.  If you wanted to roll the fondant, as above, the use of an extruder would make it a lot faster and more uniform.

kakeladi Posted 18 Nov 2018 , 9:45pm
post #8 of 10

As for pricing - as we keep saying there are sooooooo many factors that need to be considered, some of which (but not limited to) are: complete cost of ALL ingredient for cake and packaging; how long it takes you; the taxes, rent and cost of utilities you pay; liscense fees, insurance, where you are located (US or ?, rural, small town, city or BIG city are just a few considerations) and so much more.   As a guess I'd suggest NO LESS than $150.....and probably more after taking into consideration the things listed.

sweetdreamzz Posted 23 Mar 2019 , 1:11am
post #9 of 10

Thankyou 

sweetdreamzz Posted 23 Mar 2019 , 1:13am
post #10 of 10

Thankyou , I love the advice you stumble upon when im on here!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%