Carrot Cake Recipe For Craving?

Baking By Michmadd18 Updated 6 Nov 2018 , 11:48pm by kakeladi

Michmadd18 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michmadd18 Posted 6 Nov 2018 , 2:36pm
post #1 of 5

Hi all! My sister asked me to make a grooms cake, but he doesn’t like traditional cake, he only likes carrot cake! Does anyone have a great carrot cake recipe that is also carvable?? I’m not putting fondant over it, probably just a good amount of cream cheese icing. 

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 6 Nov 2018 , 2:57pm
post #2 of 5

what is the end carved product -- i would use a box mix and not add any carrots

Gerle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gerle Posted 6 Nov 2018 , 6:03pm
post #3 of 5

I have what I think is an excellent  orange carrot cake recipe, but it calls for nuts and carrots and probably would not be good for carving.  It also calls for 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper that when I first heard of putting that in a carrot cake, I thought the person was nuts.  But I decided to try it and it is really good!  I was also told to try the same amount of cayenne pepper in a chocolate cake.  That one I haven't tried yet as I'm not big on chocolate cakes.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 6 Nov 2018 , 7:03pm
post #4 of 5

it's a lovely thing in chocolate cake -- i also use saigon cinnamon in there and use a sour cream and cream cheese filling to balance the spiciness -- it's a wonderful cake --

i never thought of it for carrot though -- that would really be a good thing in there -- i also use it in gingerbread cookies -- it's not bitter like ginger can get -- it's a clean clear soft heat that really works like crazy

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 6 Nov 2018 , 11:48pm
post #5 of 5

https://www.cakecentral.com/recipe/7445/the-original-wasc-cake-recipe   Perfect for your needs! :)   I don't use a carrot mix.....get a spice mix & add 1 cup of fresh grated carrots and a jar of babyfood carrots (the larger Jr. jar) along w/the rest of the ingredients.  Perfect texture for crarving and would taste great w/cr ch icing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%