Product Costs

Business By vintagebakery Updated 23 Oct 2018 , 9:05pm by kakeladi

vintagebakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vintagebakery Posted 23 Oct 2018 , 5:16pm
post #1 of 3

Does anyone have a list of product costs that they might share?  For example - what the cost is for a chocolate chip cookie or an apple pie, etc.  I'm trying to determine if I can open a bakery or not.  

2 replies
Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 23 Oct 2018 , 5:49pm
post #2 of 3

Product costs vary greatly from location to location.  Costs for an item you may sell depends on a variety of aspects such as your labor cost, ingredient costs, overhead costs (utilities, rent, etc), etc, etc, etc.  So one person may sell a cookie for $1.50 but another person may have to sell the same cookie for $2.50 because their costs are higher than the other person.  So you need to breakdown your costs and determine, based on the research you have done on your area and the total costs, what price to place on your goods.

But boy do I wish there was some magical price list that was perfect for across the board!  Talk about making things easier!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 23 Oct 2018 , 9:05pm
post #3 of 3

Yeah, what she ^^^ said:)  There is soooooo much variation you are going to have to do the work yourself.  What it cost me to make a 10x2" round cake in CA was sooooo very different from what it cost me when I moved to IN

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%