How To Make Eagles Logo

Baking By sarahthewolf Updated 8 Oct 2018 , 2:46pm by -K8memphis

sarahthewolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahthewolf Posted 4 Oct 2018 , 1:21pm
post #1 of 15

hi  I am making a cake for someone and they want me to make the Philadelphia Eagles logo on top. i don't know what type of frosting/ icing to use. or how i would pipe it. i am most likely going to be using fondant or butter cream on top. here's a pic of what i was thinking for the top: philadelphia eagles cake images - Google Search

14 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 4 Oct 2018 , 2:34pm
post #2 of 15

Because the edges appear to be very thin, I believe this image is printed on edible sheets, but you can do the same thing with fondant.  Print out the eagle's head in the exact size you want for the top of your cake.  Use the different colors as your pattern.  Start with the black fondant and cut out around the whole piece.  Cut apart the image by color and cut out the gray parts from gray fondant and the white parts from white fondant (I would cut the white next and make it extend all the way to the edges of the black, later covering the ends with the gray shading.) and assemble, using a little water or edible glue to hold them together.  It would be easiest to paint on the eye and the area around it, unless you are good with an X-acto knife.   

Hope this makes sense!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 4 Oct 2018 , 8:48pm
post #3 of 15

great idea, sandra -- another idea -- could be done with a frozen buttercream transfer which i'm sure is google-able -- although they are not as flat as that one -- also could be done with edible ink markers -- i'm bad with paint brushes -- i should probably work on that -- but anyway -- a couple more ideas

-K8memphis Posted 4 Oct 2018 , 8:49pm
post #4 of 15

oh and the copyright issues -- not especially legal to copy this and charge for it --

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 5 Oct 2018 , 3:06am
post #5 of 15

And if all else fails, print out a good picture in the size you like and take it to Walmart and have them print you an edible image (in the deli dept.), easy peasy.

thecanadian160 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecanadian160 Posted 5 Oct 2018 , 4:47pm
post #6 of 15

I agree with what is posted above. However, what you need on the cake is a Vikings logo. 

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Oct 2018 , 6:12pm
post #7 of 15

OH NO what she needs is a Colts logo!   But then..........after last night's game maybe I need to change my loyalty :)

sarahthewolf Posted 5 Oct 2018 , 7:14pm
post #8 of 15

well as long as its not to the patriots lol 

sarahthewolf Posted 5 Oct 2018 , 7:16pm
post #9 of 15

i researched the butter cream transfer method and i think that will work beautifully 

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Oct 2018 , 7:24pm
post #10 of 15

sarahthewolf Posted 9 minutes ago ........

well as long as its not to the patriots lol 

Oh but it was :( :(

sarahthewolf Posted 5 Oct 2018 , 7:28pm
post #11 of 15

no i mean Ur loyalty 

-K8memphis Posted 5 Oct 2018 , 11:01pm
post #12 of 15

hooray for buttercream transfer -- and i am an old school decorator --- i learned how to draw that onto a cake -- but when you do your transfer -- i don't know if it said this on your trip to googleland -- but you can add detail after you place it on the cake too -- like the little dot thing on the beak , spiff up the eyes -- you can pipe it on and pat it a touch with a smoothy smooth uber clean  towel, paper or cloth --

but i hope your cake turns out great whatever method you chose and best to you -- can't wait for pictures -- and that's quite the cool cake with the yardage displayed like that around the bottom -- understated but full of impact -- cake and goal to go!!

-K8memphis Posted 5 Oct 2018 , 11:03pm
post #13 of 15

and you guys are so funny with the wrangling and jostling over teams!! smile smiley and lynne maybe switching loyalties hahahaha

vicki muirhead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vicki muirhead Posted 8 Oct 2018 , 11:22am
post #14 of 15

I have taken the time to contact nestle, cadburys Eagles head office ect, and there is not a problem as long as you are not placing the cakes in a window for sale. And you are only making them for individual orders and not advertising the same through a shop.

-K8memphis Posted 8 Oct 2018 , 2:46pm
post #15 of 15

awesome -- and each decorator needs that in writing as it's a litigious world out there

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%