Tier Height?

Baking By mariak Updated 2 Oct 2018 , 8:02pm by mariak

mariak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariak Posted 1 Oct 2018 , 6:06pm
post #1 of 8

Hello, I am having a little problem with the height on this cake. Do you think the tiers are all 4 inches and the rise tier is only a single or do you thing the rose tier is 4 inches and the others ar 6 or more. The cow tiers are twice the size but could they really be 8 inches?!Tier Height?

7 replies
bvwilliams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bvwilliams Posted 1 Oct 2018 , 8:47pm
post #2 of 8

I can't really tell.  Maybe the small floral tier is a single 3" single that is torted and the other tiers are 6" tall (two 3" tiers that are sorted).  But I'm just guessing.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 2 Oct 2018 , 3:12am
post #3 of 8

I think the important think here is that the rose tier is 1/2 the height of the other three tiers.  The actual size would depend upon how many servings were required.  If I had to blind guess, I would say, as bvwilliams said, the rose tier is about 3" and the other three tiers 6".

mariak Posted 2 Oct 2018 , 11:59am
post #4 of 8

Okay, thanks. That was what ideas thinking but those tiers looked so tall to me!!

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 2 Oct 2018 , 3:41pm
post #5 of 8

A six inch tier looks pretty tall!  This cake has a 14" bottom tier which is 5-1/2" tall, 10" middle tier is 5-1/2" tall and top tier is 6" at 7" tall.Tier Height?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 2 Oct 2018 , 7:18pm
post #6 of 8

The 3 tiers with cows on them are probably 4" tall.  They look different because they are different sized rounds - a 6"x4" looks taller because it is not as 'fat' :)   And the tier with the roses is most likely 2" (maybe 3" but I doubt it). 

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 2 Oct 2018 , 7:20pm
post #7 of 8

That top tier might be taller in order for the cow to fit on it........if you have any styro, stack it up to see what yu like best.  If you don't have styro you can get a simalar idea using your baking pans.

mariak Posted 2 Oct 2018 , 8:02pm
post #8 of 8

So, I don't know whybi didn't think of this sooner but I looked to see how tall that statue is. It is 9 inches so the tall tiers are definitely 6 inches tall. Thanks everyone forntoye help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%