Danger In Refrigerating Cake With Flag On Top?

Decorating By WalkersNC Updated 28 Sep 2018 , 9:57pm by SandraSmiley

WalkersNC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WalkersNC Posted 28 Sep 2018 , 1:00am
post #1 of 6

My two-tiered fondant covered cake became very wet with condensation after I took it out of the refrigerator to decorate.  Now it's dry, and decorated with a large American flag.  I've always refrigerated my cakes, but now I'm afraid that doing so will cause the red will run onto my white fondant. It will be used in two days.  Suggestions?  Thanks...

5 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 28 Sep 2018 , 2:43am
post #2 of 6

You could put your cake inside a box, tape all the cracks to seal securely and refrigerate.  When you remove it from the refrigerator, leave it sealed in the box until it comes to room temperature.  This is supposed to keep condensation from forming on the cake, but on the outside of the box.

WalkersNC Posted 28 Sep 2018 , 3:22am
post #3 of 6

Thank you, Sandra. Would you still do that if there is no filling that needs refrigeration?  You've been so kind in answering my two questions.  Best to you!

SandraSmiley Posted 28 Sep 2018 , 3:33am
post #4 of 6

I probably would, WalkersNC, because I have never had a problem with my fondant "bleeding", but I would box it just to be on the safe side.  For some reason, habit I suspect, I refrigerate all my cakes.  

WalkersNC Posted 28 Sep 2018 , 11:06am
post #5 of 6

Thanks again, Sandra.

SandraSmiley Posted 28 Sep 2018 , 9:57pm
post #6 of 6

You are very welcome.  Best of luck to you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%