Cake On Cutting Board?

Decorating By Mkcsmommy Updated 19 Sep 2018 , 1:45am by bubs1stbirthday

Mkcsmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mkcsmommy Posted 18 Sep 2018 , 5:28pm
post #1 of 3

I’m making a jung or thene cake and have a nice wooden cutting board I would like to use as the cake board. Any reason why I couldn’t? I mean it’s def food safe right? 

TIA 

2 replies
theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 18 Sep 2018 , 5:41pm
post #2 of 3

It's food safe of course, but I'd put it on a cake board and put the cake board on the cutting board.  Use a (little) square of that shelf liner to keep the cake board on the cutting board.  I think you'll find the cake easier to cut and serve from a cake board that the wooden board.  And you don't have to put your cutting board on a turntable to decorate - which could be a balancing nightmare!  I've used a new cutting board to present a steak cake for my nephew and I agree the cutting board really adds to the overall look!

Good luck!

T

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 19 Sep 2018 , 1:45am
post #3 of 3

I have a cheese board that I use all the time (it fits my cake dome on it perfectly to keep it covered :-) )

I do however always use a cake circle between the board and the cake, this is mainly because I use the cheeseboard/dome as a decorative piece rather than a chopping board though and don't want the oil/fat soaking in to it from the icing or cuts in it from people chopping the cake up.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%