Shipping A Two Tier Cake?

Baking By Marla505 Updated 14 Sep 2018 , 7:02pm by GI

Marla505 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marla505 Posted 13 Sep 2018 , 11:32pm
post #1 of 3

I have read many threads regarding shipping a cake. Has anyone ever shipped a two tiered cake? I have a client who wants me to ship a 5" and 7" fondant cake from Arizona to New Jersey!  My first inclination was just to say nope but I thought I would check to see if it has been done successfully.

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 14 Sep 2018 , 11:54am
post #2 of 3

fruit cake might work -- i've never done it -- never would -- but a hearty pound cake might work too -- i'd only overnight it and use the refrigerated packaging -- just that is big big bucks --

lemme know if you do it and how it goes -- i think when the whimsy cakes came out oh so long ago -- she shipped those -- so it is possible -- Polly Schoonmaker whimsy cakes

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 14 Sep 2018 , 7:02pm
post #3 of 3

I have successfully shipped cakes before, but not stacked. If your client wishes to take responsibility, you could ship in two separate boxes, with separate shipping labels, and have the client stack them upon arrival.  Overnight via Air Fedex, in my experience, was best mode of travel.  

(Because of the heat in AZ, I would make sure to pack with insulated ice packs, too.)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%