Prices Too High?

Baking By dulcetcakery Updated 8 Sep 2018 , 10:36pm by -K8memphis

dulcetcakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dulcetcakery Posted 8 Sep 2018 , 5:57pm
post #1 of 2

Hi everyone. So long story short I’ve transitioned from a normal bakery to a vegan bakery and I set some prices up. I’m on the fence because I think they’re a bit too much. I calculated everything and it also includes my “salary”. So basically for pop up events and farmers markets I would be selling only cupcakes and Ake slices at 5 each cupcake and 5-7 each slice. For custom orders I have 36 for a dozen cupcakes and 60 for a six inch cake at five per slice, 108 for a nine inch at 4.5 a slice, and 160 at 4 per slice for a twelve inch and I was thinking 4.75 for two tiered cakes and five inch for three tiered cakes. What do you all think? I’m a home bakery in California. 

1 reply
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 8 Sep 2018 , 10:36pm
post #2 of 2

go for it -- but your dozen cupcakes are three a pop and singles are $5 -- so idk if that makes a difference for you -- i would want to know why as a customer -- that's a big discount --

i would however recommend that you keep everything the same -- $5 to $7 a slice/serving or whatever number -- don't change it up for different sizes of cake -- that would make me crazy --

best to you -- hope you do very well

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%