Cupcake Liner Sizes Debate

Baking By smile22 Updated 10 Sep 2018 , 1:32am by bubs1stbirthday

smile22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smile22 Posted 8 Sep 2018 , 4:44pm
post #1 of 5

So I am in the states I use usually whatever liners I can find at various stores but lately I have been icing cupcake creations greeseproof liners expensive 3.99 for 30 I am looking into ordering bulk from them I have  a side cupcake business that’s not very busy at all but having liners on hand at all times would be great.

this is the debate I’m having with myself Instagram and photos on google 

I use standard size liners found in Michaels ac more or the local cake supply shop I consider those regular size cupcakes 

once in a while I’ll order bakery size off Etsy they fit into my pans and I consider them bakery sizes larger size cupcakes 

now for Minis I get those small liners from Michaels ac Moore or the cake supply shop 

but according to google and Instagram on most photos or pages my standard should be mini.  

my bakery should be standard

and my minis should be super mini 

what do you consider mini standard and bakery size? 

I know there is a size between the mini liners from the stores and the standard liner it’s called a midi liner those you can only get online and they say they fit a mini cupcake pan but they don’t i found some once and they fit my standard size pan but there was room on the sides of the cupcake wel in the pan and they baked up funny 

4 replies
bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 9 Sep 2018 , 2:58am
post #2 of 5

See the source imageThis is 

My mini cupcake tin looks like this - 24 holes, not sure how much batter - maybe 1tsp per hole roughly.

bubs1stbirthday Posted 9 Sep 2018 , 3:01am
post #3 of 5

See the source image

What I would consider standard size cupcakes - my tin has 12 holes in the same space as my minis tin. I would say they roughly take 1 soup spoon of batter per hole.

'Jumbo' cupcakes over here have 6 holes in the same space as you would fit the 12 standards - I don't use them at all so I don't know how much batter they take sorry.

smile22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smile22 Posted 9 Sep 2018 , 12:41pm
post #4 of 5

Quote by @bubs1stbirthday on 9 hours ago

See the source image

What I would consider standard size cupcakes - my tin has 12 holes in the same space as my minis tin. I would say they roughly take 1 soup spoon of batter per hole.

'Jumbo' cupcakes over here have 6 holes in the same space as you would fit the 12 standards - I don't use them at all so I don't know how much batter they take sorry.

Those are the same sizes I have and use as well. 

My issue is at bakeries that have store fronts I see them post on social media google etc and they consider our 12 cup muffin tin minis and the jumbo standard.  They mini pan they probably would use that for Samples if they were doing bridal shows and using them as there samples.

bubs1stbirthday Posted 10 Sep 2018 , 1:32am
post #5 of 5

Not sure where you are but everywhere that I have either worked or bought cakes from - bakeries/cafe's etc size their cupcakes as the 12 hole tin sized ones and the 24 hole ones as mini cupcakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%