You Guys Are Amazing! Where Is Everyone From?

Lounge By TeenaMarie Updated 11 Nov 2018 , 12:59am by Marian64

TeenaMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TeenaMarie Posted 7 Sep 2018 , 8:44pm
post #1 of 24

Holy cow! I have been looking through the gallery today...I am sooo glad I found this site! I still can't respond to anyone except in private messages, but I don't want to be seen as stalkerish. lol You guys are seriously talented! I'd say I want to grow up to be just like all of you, but I'm already old! I wish I knew some of you like in the beginning of Aug., I would have gladly paid you instead of the person I hired to make 2 special cakes. That's actually what led me here and I'm going to try my hand at baking and sugar creations. I've been sending friends to this site to see your gallery of beautiful works. Seriously amazing!

I'm curious where is everyone from? I'm in NV. Or has this been asked before? I've been reading posts but haven't seen a where are you from one yet.

23 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Sep 2018 , 6:59pm
post #2 of 24

Hi TeenaMarie.  Welcome to this sweet message site.   This ? has been asked before but some time ago and there are many new people on now:) 

I'm in central CA. and like you i"m OLD :)  I started in this sweet business back in 1980 when daughter #1 gave us a very, very short amount of time (something like 6 weeks!) to plan her wedding.  I was talked into making her a 'home made cake w/cream cheese icing'.  Over then next 6 weeks I was asked to make 2 more wedding cakes! 

I hope others will speak up and give some general location where they are located. 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 8 Sep 2018 , 10:23pm
post #3 of 24

west tennessee of course

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 8 Sep 2018 , 10:59pm
post #4 of 24

I am -K8memphis's neighbor, in Ashland City, Tennessee, just West of Nashville.

yortma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yortma Posted 9 Sep 2018 , 3:29pm
post #5 of 24

Also a Californian - East bay area east of San Francisco

cakefan92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefan92 Posted 9 Sep 2018 , 8:15pm
post #6 of 24

West Texas - right in the middle of the oilfield.

thecanadian160 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecanadian160 Posted 10 Sep 2018 , 1:45am
post #7 of 24

West central Wisconsin

me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 10 Sep 2018 , 12:22pm
post #8 of 24

I'm a little further away than that...  I'm in Perth, Western Australia....   G'DAY!!   :)

Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 10 Sep 2018 , 1:41pm
post #9 of 24

Just outside Baltimore, Maryland.

KitchenSix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenSix Posted 10 Sep 2018 , 2:51pm
post #10 of 24

Poor town towards southern Oklahoma here!

kakeladi Posted 9 Nov 2018 , 10:01pm
post #11 of 24

It's been a couple of months since this was 1st posted and a few new people are here so let's revisit it. 

Where are you from?   What area of the world is your home?  What is the weather like there?  Hot, humid, cold, rainy most of the time or what? 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 Nov 2018 , 10:52pm
post #12 of 24

it is cold here and going below freezing over night

SandraSmiley Posted 9 Nov 2018 , 11:16pm
post #13 of 24

Yeah, as Kate said, we are expecting our first freeze in Middle Tennessee tonight!  There is no "most of the time" when it comes to our weather.  It changes by the day, sometimes hour.  Summers are hot and humid, sometimes wet, sometimes not so much but usually never too dry.  Moderate springs and falls, this year with lots of color and winters that range from mild to colder than the devil.

louglou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louglou Posted 9 Nov 2018 , 11:17pm
post #14 of 24

I’m in Leeds in England. It’s cold, dark and wet here right now. 

cakefan92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefan92 Posted 10 Nov 2018 , 1:12am
post #15 of 24

Well, we've had a cold snap out here in West Texas.  Only 41 last night but with a warming trend up to 54 over the next few days.  Thinking we may have to officially turn on the furnace soon.  Yes, I'm joking, but when you're used to 100+ days most of the summer, it's a big difference.  And what's "humidity"?  If it gets above 15% here it's muggy.

I lived in Western New York for 12 years and decided that's about 11 1/2 years too long, although I did have my very first white Christmas there.  Give me a sunny day and Santa in shorts and I'm good.

rychevamp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rychevamp Posted 10 Nov 2018 , 2:55am
post #16 of 24

Originally from North Georgia, but have lived in Northern CA for a long time now. 

Gerle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gerle Posted 10 Nov 2018 , 4:51pm
post #17 of 24

Northern California or Central (not sure how it's separated) (Sacramento).  Hot summers, cool falls and cold winters most of the time, but no snow thank goodness!  I hate the really hot days of summer, but also don't like the really cold days of winter.  I love the location, just not the temps sometimes!

SandraSmiley Posted 10 Nov 2018 , 5:59pm
post #18 of 24

It was 27 degrees F. when I got up this morning and the sun was already up!  I hate cold weather!

BTW, TeenaMaria still is unable to reply to her post, but she is seeing our messages.

doz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doz Posted 10 Nov 2018 , 7:24pm
post #19 of 24

From west Michigan and we just had our first snowfall and very windy.  

kakeladi Posted 10 Nov 2018 , 10:39pm
post #20 of 24

cakefan92 said...... we've had a cold snap out here in West Texas.  Only 41 last night but with a warming trend up to 54 over the next few days........ used to 100+ days most of the summer, it's a big difference.  And what's "humidity"?  If it gets above 15% here it's muggy.....

Yes, exactly where it is here in central CA (Fresno area).    Gerle:   Please tell me you are not impacted by the fires up thee.  This time of yr is always so stressful due to the slightest possibility of fire with the winds :(   I'm no where near them but in a couple of days we will be getting the smoke as we sit in a 'bowl'/valley. 

Gerle Posted 10 Nov 2018 , 10:49pm
post #21 of 24

Not directly.  We just have a ton of smoke.  It looks like it's foggy outside, but it's not.  When you step outside you can smell the smoke really heavily.  Our state has been hit so bad this year with fires.  The government needs to learn how to manage their forests better and we wouldn't have them so often and so severely.  Granted, some aren't started that way, but the majority of them are.  And of course there are those that are started by people who don't use their common sense, too.  All these fires, however, make it really bad in the winter if there's a lot of rain, because then we have all the water washing the land away and causing floods in the spring.  Can't win for losing!

rychevamp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rychevamp Posted 11 Nov 2018 , 12:26am
post #22 of 24

I'm in the East Bay and we have so much smoke. It smells like a wood fire when you open the door. The sun is red and it's been a lot cooler than was expected because of it blocking the sun. 

We were heading to Napa tomorrow but have decided to wait since it's so bad outside. We have a air filter set on the highest setting inside right now. We need rain so badly!

Gerle Posted 11 Nov 2018 , 12:52am
post #23 of 24

Yeah, the sun is red here, too, and it does smell like a wood fire.  I walked outside and was wondering who was burning because we couldn't burn with the fires out there, then it dawned on me it was THOSE fires that was causing the smell.

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 11 Nov 2018 , 12:59am
post #24 of 24

Hi I am from Houston, Texas and love just a little north of there now. 

It is freezing (46) and rainy here. 

Praying that the fires can be stopped soon. It is so sad. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%