Flavor Ideas

Baking By Brandiib85 Updated 1 Sep 2018 , 6:33pm by kakeladi

Brandiib85 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brandiib85 Posted 31 Aug 2018 , 12:08am
post #1 of 6

Hi All,

Getting a head start on project ideas. What flavor cupcakes would be good for a CAMPING themed event. I Do NOT like SMORES so please help me with other ideas!

thanks!

5 replies
JustOneMoreCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustOneMoreCake Posted 31 Aug 2018 , 3:19pm
post #2 of 6

First thing that comes to mind is chocolate orange - chocolate cupcakes topped with orange frosting to mimic campfire?  But you know, because you don't like smores (I don't either, too sweet!) doesn't mean your guests don't. Just saying.

Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 31 Aug 2018 , 3:36pm
post #3 of 6

I was about ready to post the same thing as JustOneMoreCake.  You could always decorate the cupcakes to mimic a campfire.  Plus nothing says that you can't have more than one flavor at this event.  I mean, for events you typically provide multiple flavors (especially with cupcakes) that you think the guests would enjoy.  So you may not be a fan of a smores cupcake but others might.  So do a smores, do a chocolate with campfire decorations, do a red velvet with tree decorations, do a lemon cake with a tent decoration.  Just think of flavors that would appeal to the masses and have your decorations mimic the event theme.

ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 31 Aug 2018 , 5:41pm
post #4 of 6

That's a hard one. When I think of camping, the first thing that I think of is Smores. I don't like them, either, but I enjoy the components separately. I make a chocolate cupcake with marshmallow buttercream that I absolutely do not share with my family. I probably would do any cupcakes I wanted, but as suggested, decorate within the theme.

whatthedogate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whatthedogate Posted 31 Aug 2018 , 6:17pm
post #5 of 6

How about something with maple. I would do what others said and go basic with flavor and put your efforts into decor. 

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 Sep 2018 , 6:33pm
post #6 of 6

A maple cupcake with bacon - either well crumbled sprinkled over the icing &/or even some mixed into the batter

I watch Cupcake Wars on TV and am appaled at some of the combinations they come up with.  If you want to get really weird try incorporating some fish into a cuppie - like well chopped shrimp or scallops?  OR at least decorate the icing with a molded fish - use a bag of Swish Fish (gummy-bear in fish form).  Then there are always tents - use stick pretzels as the polls w/fondant 'tent'.  For flavor add crushed pretzels in a salted caramel cupcake

How about trying a 'breakfast' cupcake - incorporate OJ, (dry)cereal, bacon and eggs in the batter.   There are several different versions of breakfast cookie recipes around - just turn them into a cupcake/muffin.   

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%