What Do You Use For Storage?

Decorating By beautifully_mad Updated 1 Sep 2018 , 1:23am by jchuck

beautifully_mad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beautifully_mad Posted 30 Aug 2018 , 5:48pm
post #1 of 9

Hello! I have a caddy to store all of my tools in, but I'm finding that I have accumulated to much and now there is too much to fit in it. Does anyone have any recommendations for anything bigger that will help me store everything while also keeping it organized? I currently have the caddy shown.What Do You Use For Storage? 

8 replies
ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 30 Aug 2018 , 6:31pm
post #2 of 9

I took my husbands large rolling tool box lmao it works perfectly for me. My pans are kept in a large Tupperware style tote. 

ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 30 Aug 2018 , 6:32pm
post #3 of 9

I took my husbands large rolling tool box lmao it works perfectly for me. My pans are kept in a large Tupperware style tote. 

cakefan92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefan92 Posted 31 Aug 2018 , 11:50am
post #4 of 9

Separate totes for cutters, fondant tools, flavorings, colors, dusts, sprinkles and decorations, etc.  Pans are in every room of the house and molds are under the bed.  My big pans are currently in the storage building since they're too big for my oven. Cake circles and packaging are in a cabinet with all the paint brushes.  Can you tell the cake stuff has taken over my home?  I think it all multiplies in the dark. But I know where everything is so that's all that keeps me sane.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 31 Aug 2018 , 3:35pm
post #5 of 9

Cakefan92 sounds like me!  Cake pans and boards upstairs in a spare bedroom, 14 storage boxes with assorted tools (molds, cutters, colors, etc.), one cabinet in the kitchen full of fondant, dowels, straws, fondant smoothers, floral wire and tape, etc., a sideboard  in the kitchen with turn table and towels, two Kitchenaids on the counter in the kitchen and chocolate sculptures all over the freakin' house, including the bathroom!  I need another house for the cake stuff AND it is just my HOBBY!

Oh, I forgot a big bag of modeling chocolate on the kitchen island and a big bag of gum paste in the refrigerator.

whatthedogate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whatthedogate Posted 31 Aug 2018 , 6:19pm
post #6 of 9

I also have plastic storage tubs for different categories of items. 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 1 Sep 2018 , 12:27am
post #7 of 9

i have two of these -- i like drawers because i can pull out the whole thing if i need too -- like if i need a ton of the dusts or whatever -- top drawers for food color, dusts, measuring cups, small wares -- deeper drawers for molds, gum paste cutters, decorative rolling pins, glue gun tape, doweling, parchment, sugar equipment molds etc. bottom drawer for sandpaper, miter box, tools

https://www.walmart.com/ip/IRIS-7-Drawer-Storage-Cart-with-Organizer-Top-White/142272291

then i have two sets of tall shelves -- plastic shelves i can stack pan sets on and packaging --  some wooden shelves that hold tons of other things, turntable, rolling pins, plastic wrap, small drawer sets that hold fondant tools, chocolate molds etc.

then i have separate boxes, one for all my nested cookie cutters, one for the air brush and some other things

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 1 Sep 2018 , 12:28am
post #8 of 9

and those drawers are on wheels -- very important to me to be so mobile

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 1 Sep 2018 , 1:23am
post #9 of 9

I had a large IKEA island, with a large wooden top. After we remodeled our kitchen I was fortunate to move the island downstairs to my basement. It has two giant drawers and two cupboards, which contain 80% of my cakey stuff. I have a large turntable on my island top where I keep things I use a lot. I  have a couple of small plastic containers with drawers for smaller items, like lustre/colour dusts, food colour gels, small tools and molds. Hubby put up 2 large shelves where I store my cake tins, binders with recipes and tutorials, decorating books. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%