Recipe Needed! White Chocolate Raspberry Cake

Baking By mrsmac888 Updated 22 Aug 2018 , 12:25pm by mrsmac888

mrsmac888 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsmac888 Posted 13 Aug 2018 , 6:15pm
post #1 of 6

I'm looking for a good White Chocolate Raspberry Cake Recipe.   I have a young lady that wants this flavor for her wedding cake.  I tried one that I found on Pinterest (recipe below),  I wasn't crazy about it.  I found it to be dry.  So, I'm wondering if any of you have a favorite recipe that you use.

http://mariahspleasingplates.com/white-chocolate-raspberry-cake/

Thanks!
Christina

5 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 Aug 2018 , 7:29pm
post #2 of 6

if i had that order -- i would tell the bride this first -- and i'd use my usual white cake and add raspberry and white chocolate in other ways -- my usual white cake is a modified wasc -- one white dh cake mix, one cup self rising flour, one cup sugar, 1 and 1/3 cup water, 4 eggs, (ditch a couple egg yolks) 1/4 cup oil and i usually forget to add any additional flavoring -- but i use a simple syrup splash too -- in this case that's probably where i'd add some raspberry flavor as well as some raspberry in the filling and add white choco to the buttercream

that's how i would do that --

i bet martha has a good white choco cake recipe

https://www.google.com/search?q=white+chocolate+cake+recipe%2Fmartha+stewart&rlz=1C1SQJL_enUS792US792&oq=white+chocolate+cake+recipe%2Fmartha+stewart&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.14215j1j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

-K8memphis Posted 13 Aug 2018 , 7:30pm
post #3 of 6

*i haven't made this one though just fyi

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 13 Aug 2018 , 8:34pm
post #4 of 6

I sort of agree w/K8.   I'd use my WASC recipe using Betty Crocker white mix along w/the other ingredients listed then  add the raspberry as a swirl using a high quality jam.   Use a white choco b'cream - adding more jam to it as filling and plain white choco b'cream for icing it..

-K8memphis Posted 13 Aug 2018 , 9:38pm
post #5 of 6

oh swirl is a great idea!

mrsmac888 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsmac888 Posted 22 Aug 2018 , 12:25pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you kakeladi and K8.  Those are great ideas, I'll adjust my wedding cake recipe and also add white chocolate to the buttercream. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%