First Cake Delivery Tomorrow!

Business By Dalyssa Updated 9 Aug 2018 , 4:06pm by -K8memphis

Dalyssa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dalyssa Posted 9 Aug 2018 , 7:25am
post #1 of 6

Hi!  I am new to cakecentral but not to cakes.  I have been decorating cakes for years but always for family or friends.  

I have my first ever order from an actual client to deliver tomorrow.  I am so nervous, she asked for a photo when I am finished.  She is really nice, and I am so happy she is giving me a chance since I just started my actual business.  However, I do not do fondant.  I can do fondant but after years of practice I know what I am good at and what I am not.  Fondant is just not my thing.  I explained this to her and told her if she wanted a fondant cake I understand and she said it was fine.  Then she proceeded to send me all photos of fondant cakes saying it was all she could find.

I am so scared she is going to decide she doesnt like it, or the sailboat isn't realistic enough, or that it wasnt what she had imagined!  Does everyone feel this way when they get their first real client??

This is the cake, please dont mind the fact that it is in my fridge. I am going to take better photos in sunlight tomorrow.

First Cake Delivery Tomorrow!

5 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 Aug 2018 , 11:09am
post #2 of 6

oh that's awesome -- yes we all pick our cakes apart -- i love the waves -- love the boat & live preserver -- it's way cool -- and yeah you've just got the jitters -- you're great -- no wories

clap

me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 9 Aug 2018 , 11:44am
post #3 of 6

It's lovely!! The boat looks fab, the waves are very cool and I'm sure your client will be chuffed with the whole thing.

Good luck with deliver! Just channel Driving Miss Daisy and you'll be fine  :)

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 9 Aug 2018 , 1:04pm
post #4 of 6

Cake is great!!! Clean and  crisp, pretty waves, cute boat and wonderful piping....what’s not to like??? Your customer will be pleased.

I would caution you about sending pictures to a customer before delivery.  In this case, sure you will be fine. But I’ve read enough on my FB cake pages to know it can be a mine field. Imagine your customer on seeing the picture wants all kinds of changes? Nightmare city. I’ve never been asked to send a picture of any cake I have made. 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 9 Aug 2018 , 3:19pm
post #5 of 6

You did an incredible job!  Your ocean if fantastic and much better than anything that could have been done with fondant.  If she doesn't like this cake, nothing would have satisfied her.

I agree with June, do not send a photo prior to delivery.  It is much better for her to be wowed when she sees the actual cake and there is no opportunity for last minute changes.

YES, I think everyone panics.  It is the perfectionist in us, haha.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 Aug 2018 , 4:06pm
post #6 of 6

yes yes yes what june said and sandra dittoed -- don't ever send pictures in advance -- just don't -- and if you find you cannot reply to this post -- feel free to start another -- the board gets a little wonky with newbie posters -- would love to hear highlights of your adventure today and congratulations

best to you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%