Stable Icing Needed

Decorating By jessicalynn88 Updated 8 Aug 2018 , 1:03am by whatthedogate

jessicalynn88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessicalynn88 Posted 23 Jul 2018 , 10:39pm
post #1 of 7

I am doing a Strawberry Shortcake wedding cake mid-August, small cake on top and then tiers of cupcakes. I was going to do a stabilized whipped cream but afraid it won't hold up for a few hours. Is there a more stable frosting that would be similar in taste to whipped cream I could use? I've saw some suggestions on meringue buttercreams but never tasted them to know if similar. I've also read that people partially freeze called before hand, anyone done this with the stable cream that can share results? Thanks in advance!

6 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 23 Jul 2018 , 11:20pm
post #2 of 7

I know of no other frosting that tastes like whipped cream.

whatthedogate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whatthedogate Posted 24 Jul 2018 , 3:40pm
post #3 of 7

If you want something not too sweet try cooked flour frosting...also known as ermine frosting. It is not a similar texture to whipped cream, but it is not as sweet as other frostings.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 25 Jul 2018 , 12:56am
post #4 of 7

Fzing is not going to give you much extra time - and probably cause more of a melting problem :(  The flour frosting is probaly the best idea.  Having never used it I can't speak to the taste but as for holding up.....it seems to be the optiion you need.

LindsayH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindsayH Posted 25 Jul 2018 , 2:16am
post #5 of 7

I’ve seen some recipes for whipped cream frosting stabilized with gelatin that claim to last all day. I would definitely do a test beforehand, though. 

Is the venue inside at least?

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 26 Jul 2018 , 6:09pm
post #6 of 7

I have used stabilized whipped cream with gelatine, but I kept the cake in the frig, never left out on the counter.  I know it holds up beautifully for several days in the refrigerator.  Dream Whip might also be a good choice, alone or for stablizing whipped cream.

whatthedogate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whatthedogate Posted 8 Aug 2018 , 1:03am
post #7 of 7

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%