daver44 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daver44 Posted 19 Jul 2018 , 8:36am
post #1 of 14

hello there. What methods are you using for weight lose??smile

13 replies
WYBee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WYBee Posted 20 Jul 2018 , 5:59pm
post #2 of 14

Since I don't have the patience for calorie counting and all that, I just do Fast-5/Appetite Correction. It seems to work pretty well and my blood pressure is much lower since starting out. It also allows me to eat my cake and lose weight... There are many who disagree with this method, but it works well for me.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 20 Jul 2018 , 6:12pm
post #3 of 14

Lose weight???  This is a CAKE site!  What is the Fast-5/Appetite Correction, WYBee?  Gotta Google it!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 20 Jul 2018 , 10:03pm
post #4 of 14

Sandra, I had the exact thought - htis is a CAKE site -  when I  read this post's title :)    

SandraSmiley Posted 20 Jul 2018 , 10:21pm
post #5 of 14

Check it out, Lynne.  There was another post saying the same thing, posted at the same time, under a different name.  Go figure??????????

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 20 Jul 2018 , 10:56pm
post #6 of 14

Yah - spam for sure

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 21 Jul 2018 , 1:21am
post #7 of 14

i am off white sugar permanently -- for me it is toxic to my bones literally -- i still use it to bake for others -- and i enjoy the challenge of making a great product without sugar -- because i have had a metabolism problem forever -- 

now then -- i got a hair analysis done to let me know which minerals and all that stuff i'm low on and if i have too much metal in me and stuff like that because the prescription meds are literally killing me so i have to try something else -- (this all leads back to weight loss) sp i am taking a natural kind of hormone -- it is fixing my metabolism to the extent that the large goiter i had on my poor little neck is now over 50% smaller -- yay!! and because of the no sugar i am literally dropping weight naturally -- not even trying -- in fact i've lost over 15 pounds all total -- five of them in the last 10 days kid you not -- it's dang hot here too --

i'm also swimming 3-4 times a week -- i'm still on three prescriptions but that's a huge improvement -- it is so cool to watch the weight drop off -- but like erma bombeck said, “In two decades I've lost a total of 789 pounds. I should be hanging from a charm bracelet." I've done a lot of that.too -- way too much --

i am 8 pounds away from my correct bmi .> insert big fat grin smilie face< i'm wearing the cool clothes i got when i was teaching -- life is sweet --

you just have to figure out what works for you -- everybody is different -- best to you daver44

SandraSmiley Posted 21 Jul 2018 , 1:46am
post #8 of 14

The only thing that works for me is starving to death, like 500 calories a day.  When I was in my 30's, I ran 8 - 6-1/2 minute miles every morning and didn't loose an ounce without starving.  I mean, really and truly being hungry all the time.  As for the Fast - 5 / Appetite Correct, I've been eating like that since I was 18 years old and left home.  Of course, I haven't always eaten just healthy foods because I love sweets.  According to the doctors, I am not over weight for my age, but I hate, hate, hate it and my freakin' clothes don't fit.  Mike and I walk about 20 miles a week and swim almost every day in the summer.  Oh well, I am fat but healthy.

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 21 Jul 2018 , 8:57pm
post #9 of 14

Weight Lose

-K8memphis Posted 22 Jul 2018 , 1:04pm
post #10 of 14

my waist is too big to be healthy -- dr phil says how your waist needs to be under a certain measurement and while i can't remember what number he said 39 is not it -- hahahaha -- I mean i'm a size 14 but i'm quite content/happy -- I just want to stay here -- could lose a little more no problem but not more up and down please god

WYBee Posted 24 Jul 2018 , 12:44am
post #11 of 14

Sandra - fast-5/appetite correction is just consuming all calories within a 5 hour window each day. For example, I eat between 3 and 8 each afternoon. I eat what I want in that time frame and am losing weight steadily. The first few days were tough but it's pretty easy now. And I can taste anything I decide to experiment with baking.

SandraSmiley Posted 24 Jul 2018 , 12:58am
post #12 of 14

WYBee, I have been eating one meal a day ever since I left home at age 18.  It just seems to suit me, but  I sure don't loose weight.  Maybe I just eat too much all the time.

-K8memphis Posted 24 Jul 2018 , 1:27pm
post #13 of 14

losing weight is not necessarily about quantity -- it's about your hormones, thyroid and adrenals your pancreas, internal organs -- and the kind of food you eat -- you can totally eat More than normal and drop weight like crazy if it's the right Kind of food -- for example a mediterrenean  type diet --

WYBee Posted 24 Jul 2018 , 5:33pm
post #14 of 14

I actually lose more when I don't limit too much.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%